0 A.D. Alpha 10 Jhelum has been released
0 A.D., the free and open-source ancient warfare real time strategy game, has just released it’s tenth Alpha which comes with many new features and material.
The new release includes the following highlights:
- The developers felt that the Hellenic faction was too pluralistic to exist as is, so it broke into three different factions, the “naval” Athenians, the “siege” Macedonians and the “stiff” Spartans.
- Addition of more researchable technologies that provide economic, or military bonuses.
- Building of walls is now working as should (click and drag to build). That is great news, but unfortunately the building of the gates is not ready yet.
- Priests that could already be trained at the temple, are now able to heal other units in range.
- Graphical improvements that include new models and artwork, prettier selection rings, support for specular effect.
- Availability of configuration options that can improve the game FPS.
- 9 new maps
- Some usability and random map script improvements.
- Many bug fixes
In my opinion, 0 A.D. did a small but important step towards completion with this alpha release. The wall building and healing are two things found in almost every single real time strategy game and it felt unnatural that they didn’t work in 0 A.D. Also, giving options to increase performance is an element that affects positively a very problematic sector. If you want to know more about 0 A.D., read our interview with Wildfire Games, Aviv Sharon.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .