0 A.D. Alpha 10 Jhelum has been released
0 A.D., the free and open-source ancient warfare real time strategy game, has just released it’s tenth Alpha which comes with many new features and material.
The new release includes the following highlights:
- The developers felt that the Hellenic faction was too pluralistic to exist as is, so it broke into three different factions, the “naval” Athenians, the “siege” Macedonians and the “stiff” Spartans.
- Addition of more researchable technologies that provide economic, or military bonuses.
- Building of walls is now working as should (click and drag to build). That is great news, but unfortunately the building of the gates is not ready yet.
- Priests that could already be trained at the temple, are now able to heal other units in range.
- Graphical improvements that include new models and artwork, prettier selection rings, support for specular effect.
- Availability of configuration options that can improve the game FPS.
- 9 new maps
- Some usability and random map script improvements.
- Many bug fixes
In my opinion, 0 A.D. did a small but important step towards completion with this alpha release. The wall building and healing are two things found in almost every single real time strategy game and it felt unnatural that they didn’t work in 0 A.D. Also, giving options to increase performance is an element that affects positively a very problematic sector. If you want to know more about 0 A.D., read our interview with Wildfire Games, Aviv Sharon.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- Setup Secure FTP Server With MySecureShell
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .