Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
0 A.D. Alpha 10 Jhelum has been released
0 A.D., the free and open-source ancient warfare real time strategy game, has just released it’s tenth Alpha which comes with many new features and material.
The new release includes the following highlights:
- The developers felt that the Hellenic faction was too pluralistic to exist as is, so it broke into three different factions, the “naval” Athenians, the “siege” Macedonians and the “stiff” Spartans.
- Addition of more researchable technologies that provide economic, or military bonuses.
- Building of walls is now working as should (click and drag to build). That is great news, but unfortunately the building of the gates is not ready yet.
- Priests that could already be trained at the temple, are now able to heal other units in range.
- Graphical improvements that include new models and artwork, prettier selection rings, support for specular effect.
- Availability of configuration options that can improve the game FPS.
- 9 new maps
- Some usability and random map script improvements.
- Many bug fixes
In my opinion, 0 A.D. did a small but important step towards completion with this alpha release. The wall building and healing are two things found in almost every single real time strategy game and it felt unnatural that they didn’t work in 0 A.D. Also, giving options to increase performance is an element that affects positively a very problematic sector. If you want to know more about 0 A.D., read our interview with Wildfire Games, Aviv Sharon.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .