How To Setup File Server With AjaXplorer
AjaXplorer is an open source software that can be used to setup fileserver on any system. It is an alternative to SaaS Boxes and Drives, with more control, safety and privacy, and favorable TCOs. It provides the easy access to files/folders from any system, any browser over LAN or WAN. It has an embedded WebDAV server and native mobile applications for iOS and Android.
AjaXplorer is easy to install, configure and it is designed to provide enterprise grade security and control. Ajaxplorer will allow the users directly form your external LDAP/AD server or from the most common PHP-based CMS. Visit the official website to know more about the features.
Install AjaXplorer On CentOS 6.x
Ajaxplorer can be deployed on any webserver. For testing purpose, i am going to deploy the fileserver using LAMP. To install and configure LAMP server, use any one of the following links. My testbox is running with CentOS 6.4 and my testbox hostname is server.unixmen.com and IP Address is 192.168.1.201/24. Though it was tested on CentOS 6.4, it should work on any RPM based distributions.
Create Database And User
Let us create a database called ajaxdb and a database user called ajaxuser.
# mysql -u root -p Enter password: Welcome to the MariaDB monitor. Commands end with ; or \g. Your MariaDB connection id is 3 Server version: 5.5.31-MariaDB MariaDB Server Copyright (c) 2000, 2013, Oracle, Monty Program Ab and others. Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement. MariaDB [(none)]> create database ajaxdb; Query OK, 1 row affected (0.02 sec) MariaDB [(none)]> GRANT ALL ON ajaxdb.* TO ajaxuser@localhost IDENTIFIED BY 'centos'; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec) MariaDB [(none)]> flush privileges; Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec) MariaDB [(none)]> exit Bye
Allow the apache default port “80″ through iptables/router. Edit file /etc/sysconfig/iptables,
# vi /etc/sysconfig/iptables
Add the following lines.
-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW --dport 80 -j ACCEPT
Now restart the iptables service.
# /etc/init.d/iptables restart
Download the latest version from Ajaxplorer website.
# wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajaxplorer/files/ajaxplorer/stable-channel/5.0.3/ajaxplorer-core-5.0.3.zip
Extract the installer file and move them to your web root directory.
# unzip ajaxplorer-core-5.0.3.zip # mv ajaxplorer-core-5.0.3/ /var/www/html/ajaxplorer
Make sure that data folder has writable permission.
# chmod -R 777 /var/www/html/ajaxplorer/data/
Now open up the browser and type http://domain-name/ajaxplorer or http://ip-address/ajaxplorer in the address bar. You will see a following like screen. It will show any warnings or errors if exists. Review the error lines to check what action you should do.
Now your file server is up and running. From here you can start to use your file server. Just create some files/folders and share/send them to your friends and colleagues over LAN or WAN.
In this handy tutorial, I’ve covered only basic installation and configuration notes. For additional in-depth configuration and administration tasks, i suggest you to read the official documentation page.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .