How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab
I have explained to you guys how to download youtube videos from Linux with the youtube-dl tool, but not everyone likes to use the terminal and type commands. Not everyone is a linux geek! In this article I will teach you how to download, install and use a nice gui tool called ClipGrab which is used to download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion and many other online video sites.
Now open a new terminal and type the following commands to install this clip grabber in your machine. (CTRL+ALT+T) in Ubuntu.
1. Add the ppa with the following command.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:clipgrab-team/ppa
2. Time to update.
sudo apt-get update
3. Install ClipGrab in your Ubuntu machine
sudo apt-get install clipgrab
After the installation is finished, launch the ClipGrab tool with the following command.
A very nice feature I like in this tool is the Search feature that helps you to find videos on youtube and get their url which will be used for the download. After you have founded the video you want to download click on the Grab this clip! button and wait for the program to do his job.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .