Y PPA Manager 0.0.8.4 has been released!
Y PPA Manager 0.0.8.4 has been released, according to the announcement, Starting with this version Y PPA Manager should fully work under KDE (though there are some minor bugs like notifications not being displayed when adding a PPA), there are also various changes under the hood and bug fixes.
Changes in Y PPA Manager 0.0.8.4:
- added Ubuntu appindicator: works in stand alone mode (automatically starts when you log in and doesn’t require Y PPA Manager to run) or in regular mode: starts when the user opens Y PPA Manager and quits when Y PPA Manager is closed. The appindicator is disabled by default and can be enabled from the settings.
- Ubuntu mono dark/light icons for the new appindicator (not the best icons, I know…)
- use built-in (doesn’t require Faenza to be installed) slightly modified Faenza icons for the main UI (this is mainly to look better in KDE because some icons used before were missing in KDE)
- added “import all missing GPG keys” feature (available under Advanced)
- added “fix all GPG badsig errors” feature (available under Advanced)
- kdesudo integration
- renamed NotifyOSD icons to work with KDE too
- Linux Mint 12 Lisa support (not tested since Linux Mint 12 hasn’t been released yet)
About Y PPA Manager
“PPA Manager tool is “Project for managing and finding Launchpad PPAs in Ubuntu. Y PPA Manager is a tool for easily managing Launchpad PPAs that uses YAD for a graphical user interface (a Zenity fork which comes with a lot of improvements) and comes as a .deb and with a Launchpad PPA for easy updates. Please note that this is a pre-alpha release as I’m the only one who’s ever used Y PPA Manager so far.”
Installation in Ubuntu and LinuxMint
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/y-ppa-manager sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install y-ppa-manager
Via | Webupd8
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .