Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Wxcam – Another great application that convert your webcam into a security camera
wxCam is a webcam application for linux. It supports video recording (in an avi uncompressed and Xvid format), snapshot taking, and some special commands for philips webcams, so you can also use the program for astronomy purposes. It supports both video4linux 1 and 2 drivers, so it should work on a very large number of devices.
wxcam 1.0.8 is released, this version added support to BGGR16, GBRG8, GRBG8, SPCA561 frame formats, and fixed compiling in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal.
- Frame grabbing using video4linux 1 and 2 api;
- Adjust resolution, brightness, contrast, gamma and saturation;
- Support for some special controls for philips webcam: frame rate, gain and shutter speed;
- Snapshot taking in various formats, including BMP, PNG, JPEG, TIF, PCX, XPM.
- There are graphics effects such color correction, negative, edge, monochrome, upturned, laplacian, and mirror.
- Video recording without audio in an avi uncompressed format: e.g., useful for astronomy purpose (lunar and planetary video recording) because it is totally lossless.
- Video recording with audio, in the Xvid format: it is a lossy video format, but with great hard disk space saving.
- Video recording on movement detection.
For Ubuntu, download one of the following debian packages:
- For other Linux distribution:
First make sure you to install some dependencies before to start the installation :
sudo apt-get install libwxgtk2.8 libwxgtk2.8-dev ibxvidcore4 and libxvidcore4-dev libv4l-dev libgtk2.0-0 libgtk2.0-dev libglade2-dev
after the above packages are installed, we can start installing th wxcam software
2- extract the package and cd the extracted directory
tar vxf wxcam-1.0.8.tar.gz
3- Cd the extracted directory
4- Now compile
# ./configure # make # make install
If you want to another alternative of wxcam, please check these great one : Motion and Zoneminder.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .