Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Wildfire Games Launches 0 A.D. Alpha version 5
Players of the cross-platform, open source, real-time strategy game, ’0 A.D.‘ can look forward to a whole range of new features, as the game’s publisher, Wildfire Games, has announced the fifth alpha version of the game.
The game is set between the years 500BC and 500AD and gives players the opportunity to create and defend civilisations against the attacks of others. 0 A.D. includes both single and multi-player modes.
Two months in development, the new version, codenamed Edetania has a range of new features including a new faction (Iberians), changes to formations as well as new formations, a new map (Acropolis II), and improvements to music, sound and light within the game.
The full list of changes (from Wildfire) is as follows:
New civilization: Iberians
Much improved enemy AI named JuBot
Random map scripting
New map: Acropolis II, in which the Iberians face off the Hellenes
New shader-based renderer mode, to support new effects and improve performance
Improved lighting for warmer and more vivid colors
Particles – fire, smoke, construction dust, sparkles near mines, falling leaves
Terrain decals – smoother building foundations on bumpy terrain
Hidden units are visible as silhouettes
Various performance improvements
Idle unit button
Unit control groups
Unit selection limit raised from 40 to 64
Map setting editing in Atlas
Eye candy – Rope bridges, River bridges
New loading screen images and tips
New sound effects: Unit selection, building destruction
New music tracks: The first ones of what will be an entire soundtrack remake
As well as Linux, 0.A.D. is also available for Windows and Mac OSX, and is licensed by the GNU General Public and Creative Commons Licence schemes.
Useful Links: http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...5 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .