Wildfire Games Launches 0 A.D. Alpha version 5
Players of the cross-platform, open source, real-time strategy game, ’0 A.D.‘ can look forward to a whole range of new features, as the game’s publisher, Wildfire Games, has announced the fifth alpha version of the game.
The game is set between the years 500BC and 500AD and gives players the opportunity to create and defend civilisations against the attacks of others. 0 A.D. includes both single and multi-player modes.
Two months in development, the new version, codenamed Edetania has a range of new features including a new faction (Iberians), changes to formations as well as new formations, a new map (Acropolis II), and improvements to music, sound and light within the game.
The full list of changes (from Wildfire) is as follows:
New civilization: Iberians
Much improved enemy AI named JuBot
Random map scripting
New map: Acropolis II, in which the Iberians face off the Hellenes
New shader-based renderer mode, to support new effects and improve performance
Improved lighting for warmer and more vivid colors
Particles – fire, smoke, construction dust, sparkles near mines, falling leaves
Terrain decals – smoother building foundations on bumpy terrain
Hidden units are visible as silhouettes
Various performance improvements
Idle unit button
Unit control groups
Unit selection limit raised from 40 to 64
Map setting editing in Atlas
Eye candy – Rope bridges, River bridges
New loading screen images and tips
New sound effects: Unit selection, building destruction
New music tracks: The first ones of what will be an entire soundtrack remake
As well as Linux, 0.A.D. is also available for Windows and Mac OSX, and is licensed by the GNU General Public and Creative Commons Licence schemes.
Useful Links: http://wildfiregames.com/0ad/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TimeShift: Restore Your Linux Desktop To Previous State
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .