Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Wicd: Another network manager for Linux
Wicd is an open source wired and wireless network manager for Linux which aims to provide a simple interface to connect to networks with a wide variety of settings.
Some of Wicd’s key capabilities include:
- No Gnome dependencies (although it does require GTK), so it is easy to use in XFCE, Fluxbox, Openbox, Enlightenment, etc.
- Ability to connect to wired and wireless networks
- Profiles for each wireless network and wired network
- Many encryption schemes, some of which include WEP/WPA/WPA2 (and you can add your own)
- Remains compatible with wireless-tools
- Tray icon showing network activity and signal strength
How to install this in ubuntu :
Downlod from here : http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/all/wicd/download
Add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list :
deb http://www.backports.org/debian lenny-backports main contrib non-free
Then add the verification key
apt-get -t lenny-backports install wicd.
In Fedora 11/12 : (rpmfusion sources should be installed)
yum install wicd
in gentoo/sabayon :
emerge -av vicd
In Opensuse11.1 11.2:
Under root type in the terminal :
sudo zypper ar "http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/system:/wicd/openSUSE_11.1/" Wicd
Auto refresh with the command :
sudo zypper mr -r Wicd
Now install the package using the command :
sudo zypper in wicd
Download from :
Now start your vicd network manager from Application –> Internet
For any issue please ask us and will help you.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .