Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Webmin 1.550 released. Seuciry Update
.Webmin 1.550 released, This release includes a fix for an XSS attack reported by Javier Bassi that can be triggered if un-trusted users are allowed to change the real names of Unix users on your system. It also includes support for Ubuntu’s new Upstart boot system, and several other new small features
Webmin is a web-based system configuration tool for Unix-like systems, although recent versions can also be installed and run on Windows. With it, it is possible to configure operating system internals, such as users, disk quotas, services or configuration files, as well as modify and control open source apps, such as the Apache HTTP Server, PHP or MySQL.
- Fixed an XSS vulnerability in the Users and Groups module that can be triggered if an attacker has the ability to change the real name of a Unix user.
- Added support for the Upstart boot system, seen on Ubuntu 10 and later.
- Added the Test Zone Transfer button to the slave zone page in the BIND module, to check if zone transfers are possible or not.
- Added the Sending Email page to the Webmin Configuration module, which controls how Webmin itself sends messages.
- In the PHP Configuration module, added support for selecting the timezone on the Other Settings page, thanks to Matt Lewandowsky.
- In the DHCP module, added a Module Config option to automatically refresh the lease list every few seconds, and a link to force a manual refresh.
To install and configure Webmin, check our previous posts:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .