Watch And Record Live TV Shows With FreetuxTV On Linux
FreetuxTV is a Web TV player for Linux that can be used by French users to watch TV channels provided by their ISP, or by other peoples to watch free Web TV Channels and listen to Radio. This application comes with many pre-added channels and it uses VLC as backend to watch TV shows.
It has the following salient features.
1. Play channel TV and radio:
2. Play in full screen mode and miniature mode.
3. More than 365 logos of TV channels.
4. Support for keyboard multimedia keys.
5. Add custom groups of channels from M3U playlists.
6. Time shifting.
7. Recording live channels with ability to set duration.
8. Ability to create favorite channels groups.
9. Multi-language interface: English, French, German, Portugese
.. and many.
You should install VLC to work with FreetuxTV.
To install vlc enter the command:
$ sudo apt-get install vlc
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freetuxtv/freetuxtv $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install freetuxtv
On OpenSUSE 12.1 or later:
# zypper ar -n packman-multimedia http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_12.1/Multimedia packman-multimedia # zypper refresh # zypper install freetuxtv
If you trouble with installing FreetuxTV with this PPA, compile and install with the source found here.
Open FreetuxTV from your Dash or Menu. At the first time, it will display the available Channel groups as shown below.
Unfortunately there are many channels missing, but you can add them if you know the channels live feed URL. To do that Go to Channels -> Add a group. Add your TV live feed URL as shown below.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .