Watch And Record Live TV Shows With FreetuxTV On Linux
FreetuxTV is a Web TV player for Linux that can be used by French users to watch TV channels provided by their ISP, or by other peoples to watch free Web TV Channels and listen to Radio. This application comes with many pre-added channels and it uses VLC as backend to watch TV shows.
It has the following salient features.
1. Play channel TV and radio:
2. Play in full screen mode and miniature mode.
3. More than 365 logos of TV channels.
4. Support for keyboard multimedia keys.
5. Add custom groups of channels from M3U playlists.
6. Time shifting.
7. Recording live channels with ability to set duration.
8. Ability to create favorite channels groups.
9. Multi-language interface: English, French, German, Portugese
.. and many.
You should install VLC to work with FreetuxTV.
To install vlc enter the command:
$ sudo apt-get install vlc
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:freetuxtv/freetuxtv $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install freetuxtv
On OpenSUSE 12.1 or later:
# zypper ar -n packman-multimedia http://packman.inode.at/suse/openSUSE_12.1/Multimedia packman-multimedia # zypper refresh # zypper install freetuxtv
If you trouble with installing FreetuxTV with this PPA, compile and install with the source found here.
Open FreetuxTV from your Dash or Menu. At the first time, it will display the available Channel groups as shown below.
Unfortunately there are many channels missing, but you can add them if you know the channels live feed URL. To do that Go to Channels -> Add a group. Add your TV live feed URL as shown below.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .