Wakanda the New FOSS Egg has just hatched-a new platform for Apps is Born
Well it looks like the incubator is working full time at 4D, as a new platform for Apps has just been pressed out, in less than 2 years and is waiting for developers to test their skills on it. With a preview of Wakanda for Developers since June 8, at http://wakanda.org/download, the community is welcoming it with open arms as application development horizons are defining device use, Smartphones or Tablets. Therefore, it is critasical that the right Web Apps Platform will define the success of the App, giving it greater capabilities than the previous App.
Wakanda is here
As its name is derived from an Omaha tribe name from Native American Mythology, Wakan Tanka, or the ‘Great Spirit’, this FoSS architecture has some great features.
Three subsystems-the server, the interpreter and the datastore form the core of the platform .
Server-is a HTTP server that is no-obtrusive, great speed to access data and the best request handlers
Datastore-probably, the best in the industry so far as it “billion objects in a matter of milliseconds” is apparently the goal for querying at the Wakanda datastore.
The other features include a client-side Framework, for all server connections, client-side user interface widgets, transaction management. The Wakanda Studio is a very well equipped visual development tools with drag and drop capability.
Being multi-platform, OS X included; the framework is compatible with most platforms. The Studio is a useful tool even if you are going to run it on your OS X as well as Windows.Communications between server as well as client-side framework is in json on a REST interface. It can also be used to interface the server with client-side development systems.
Wakanda is the platform for web application development and deployment systems which is uniquely novel and high value features.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...1 comment |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .