Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
VortexBox 1.10 is now available for new devices
If you have just bought yourself, a Samsung TV or use one of the new music devices, then installing the latest VortexBox 1.10 will take your listening pleasure to a new level. VortexBox is a powerful media server distro that has features to rig up your old computer into a music server. Being a fedora distro, VortexBox it is a great example of how open source distros enhance hardware performance.
What’s new on the VortexBox 1.10
After a long gap, new features have been added to VortexBox on the latest version 1.10. Here is look at the most important additions and some of the updates, tweaks and small fixes.
A new kernel is included and so is the SqueezeBox server 7.6.1. Minor updates include- an increase in the UPnP player support; Better BeoSound 5 from Bang & Olufsen support. Now there is an additional Orbiter, VortexBox which helps you find your VortexBox automatically.
Paying heed to user demands the following features make their way on to VortexBox 1.10.
A single click button that will restore USB backup manager is now included, catering to the increasing demand for such a feature. MP3 mirroring is now available at a faster pace, again a much-sought feature by users. In fact, VortexBox users have tested and found these new features/products on Sonos, Logitech and the new Play:3 satisfying. Hence, support for these devices is assured and fully supported.
What VortexBox does
Once, you have VortexBox running on your old, hardware, it soon evolves into a robust jukebox that automatically rips your CDs, FLAC or MP3 files, ID3-tagging and proceeds to download the cover art as well. And as VortexBox developers claim, all this is done in 15 minutes.
This is followed by moving the files to a network media player. It’s easy-to-install, easy-to-use across multiple platforms from Windows to Mac OS X system gives it an edge, that tempts one into including it in our software collection. VortexBox is known to deliver great streaming on network players such as Logitech SqueezeBox, Sonos, Linn and of course Windows and Macintosh platforms. It also automatically shares SMB-Microsoft files.
Vortex 1.7 can also rip DVDs like MKV/MP4 video files as well. When installing, VortexBox needs an empty hard drive and cannot work with the hard disk partition.
It also serves as a back end server for their XBOX Media Center for Xbox, Windows, OSX, Apple TV or Linux. In fact, with DAAP availability, it automatically streams all MP3s to iTunes, Roku Soundbrides.
Where, VortexBox truly delivers is with the DLNA Support. It has a built-in DLNA server and therefore becomes the core point for all the media. It allows you to play music, video players, and the entire suite of XBOX 360, PlayStation3 as well Windows 7.
Download VortexBox latest version
Compared to previous releases, this release is rather delayed and is available for download here.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .