VMwareZimbra 7 vs Google Apps
VMware’s one year old, Zimbra saw its latest version, Zimbra.7 being unveiled on Monday last. VMware had acquired Zimbra from Yahoo January last year as it did not quite get the leverage the software required with Yahoo’s non-PR attitude.
Zimbra collaboration Server as it is called now, can run on Canonical’s Ubuntu, Novell’s SUSE Linux Enterprise Server distros’ on Linux on the RPM pack. The Red Hat’s Enterprise Linux too is compatible for Zimbra Collaboration Server.
Zimbra 7 Server products
The Zimbra Collaboration Server 7 offers Zimbra Collaboration Appliance and the Zimbra Desktop for offline work running on beta. The Zimbra 7is to be released for Windows, Mac, Linux and several other browsers as well. It has 230 features from simple reviving deleted emails to auto scheduling you for your third party web conferencing applications.
Zimbra 7 to challenge present cloud service providers
What begun as an also-competing kind of venture against Microsoft’s Outlook and Exchange, IBM’s Notes/Domino as well as Novell’s GroupWise, Zimbra today is chasing the market leaders Google Apps, Lotus Live with its Zimbra 7 release. Zimbra 7 is today dreaming the final frontiers –cloud applications, tools for enterprise collaborations.
As VMware puts its all behind Zimbra and pumps in more moolah for improving and introducing latest technology including the SaaS for it, market watchers will keep their fingers crossed so that the 2% and 66 million hosted emails to achieve 10 percent in the next couple of years.
According to John Robb, the senior director, products (Zimbra) and marketing (VMware), the near future of enterprise solutions is through cloud computing. Hence, ,VMware twin capabilities of market reach with the powerful open source Zimbra positions the brand at the right place at the right time. As a matter of fact, they are offering multi-vendor subscription to expand the reach and flexibility of Zimbra for the end user.
Comparison between Google Apps and Zimbra 7
Google Apps fall shot on several features such as uploading, editing and sharing of other types of file formats such as .mp3. .tiff, and html due to its hosting capabilities. While the Zimbra briefcase offers creative storage solutions. In the realm of hosting services, Zimbra offers 48 days of restoring for each mailbox not matched by Google Apps.
However, where the Google Apps (at $50 per user every year for the Google Premier Edition) truly fails is its offline capabilities. Since Google Docs work on Google’s serves Saas and SOX compliance is an issue for public companies claims Zimbra. Further, Zimbra’s collaboration platform allows hosted service as well as deployment on-site. Enterprises can now use it for online or offline plus ensure AJAX functions. Therefore, Zimbra 7 will allow employees to access their mobile client, the net or their desktop itself.
Zimbra 7 delivers on
Zimbra 7 is robust, has high penetration, and boosts performance across platforms. Where it actually delivers, is the scalability. ZCS presently charges $30 for a seat for internal use and can be further lowered with greater volumes. Zimbra 7 is definitely a march over Google Apps for its open source platform
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .