Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
VLC 1.1.8 is released! PPA For Ubuntu and LinuxMint
VLC 1.1.8 is released, this new release comes with small features and fixing important bugs and a security issues.
What’s new in 1.1.8?
- Security update regarding video width concerning some demuxers
- Support for a new Dirac encoder based on libschroedingerPackage of the new VP8/Webm encoder ‘Bali’
- Notable updates in .mp4, .ogg, .ape demuxers
– Major updates in most language translations
- Fixes in skins2 supports of Winamp2 skins
- Upgrade on the look of VLC for Mac OS X
- Auto-detection for .txt subtitles is fixed
- Fixes on Windows integration, notably regarding volume keys
- Codecs updates
- Many miscellaneous fixes
- For Ubuntu and LinuxMint:
Open terminal and type the following commands:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ferramroberto/vlc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install vlc mozilla-plugin-vlc vlc-plugin-pulse
-For other Linux distributions follow the link releated to your Linux distro for installation instructions:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...1 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .