VLC 1.1 comming with extension support
Here you can download experimental versions of VLC that are daily generated from the VLC code that is currently in development.
Several issues that existed in previous versions of VLC might be fixed here, but since this version of VLC is not yet finished, you should expect other problems and issues.
If you are searching for nightly builds of other VideoLAN projects, have a look here.
That panel above might not look familiar to current VLC users, and there’s a good reason for that. It’s because the Last.FM Context Panel is from an extension — something which is all-new for VLC version 1.1.
Jean-Philippe Andre announced the news this weekend, noting that they’re different than the modules developers have been able to create for previous versions. Extensions will be created using “Lua, a simple a lightweight scripting language, embedded inside VLC media player.”
The goal is to provide Firefox-like extensibility in VLC, allowing each of us to personalize our media player with a wide range of additional functionality. Currently there are a handful extensions you can demo, including Last.fm and IMDB lookups and subtitle/lyric display.
Don’t start getting excited just yet. Based on how long it took for VLC to hit v1.0, it could be quite a while before a stable download of 1.1 is made available. Anxious testers can grab a nightly build from http://nightlies.videolan.org.
Source web8 and videolan
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .