VLC 1.1 comming with extension support
Here you can download experimental versions of VLC that are daily generated from the VLC code that is currently in development.
Several issues that existed in previous versions of VLC might be fixed here, but since this version of VLC is not yet finished, you should expect other problems and issues.
If you are searching for nightly builds of other VideoLAN projects, have a look here.
That panel above might not look familiar to current VLC users, and there’s a good reason for that. It’s because the Last.FM Context Panel is from an extension — something which is all-new for VLC version 1.1.
Jean-Philippe Andre announced the news this weekend, noting that they’re different than the modules developers have been able to create for previous versions. Extensions will be created using “Lua, a simple a lightweight scripting language, embedded inside VLC media player.”
The goal is to provide Firefox-like extensibility in VLC, allowing each of us to personalize our media player with a wide range of additional functionality. Currently there are a handful extensions you can demo, including Last.fm and IMDB lookups and subtitle/lyric display.
Don’t start getting excited just yet. Based on how long it took for VLC to hit v1.0, it could be quite a while before a stable download of 1.1 is made available. Anxious testers can grab a nightly build from http://nightlies.videolan.org.
Source web8 and videolan
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .