VirtualBox Guest Additions for FreeBSD Guest
I was performing some tests in FreeBSD 9.1. The KDE desktop was too small and I want to show you how I have installed the Guest Additions to get full-screen mode.
Let’s view my situation.
root@FreeBSD-unixmen:/root # uname -a FreeBSD FreeBSD-unixmen 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0 r243826: Tue Dec 4 06:55:39 UTC 2012 email@example.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
First, install the emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions package or port in the FreeBSD guest.
This will install the port:
# cd /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions && make install clean
Note, if you get issues with the FreeBSD kernel source, you can use the method below.
root@FreeBSD-unixmen:/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions # pkg_add -r virtualbox-ose-additions Fetching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-9.1-release/Latest/virtualbox-ose-additions.tbz... Done. ============================================================================= VirtualBox Guest Additions were installed. You need to enable the vboxguest startscript to load the kernel module and vboxservice to use host time synchronization. vboxguest_enable="YES" vboxservice_enable="YES" You also have to add all X11 users that want to use any of the additional features (clipboard sharing, window scaling) to the wheel group. % pw groupmod wheel -m jerry Reboot the machine to load the needed kernel modules. For detailed informations please visit http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox =============================================================================
Add this to /etc/rc.conf:
You also have to add all X11 users that want to use any of the additional features (clipboard sharing, window scaling) to the wheel group:
% pw groupmod wheel -m pirat9
Check if you are a member of wheel group:
id pirat9 uid=1001(pirat9) gid=1001(pirat9) groups=1001(pirat9),0(wheel)
Reboot to load the new configuration.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .