VirtualBox 4.1.8 has been released!
VirtualBox 4.1.8 has been released!, this is a maintenance release that comes to fix some major bugs.
The following items were fixed and/or added:
- VMM: fixed VERR_MAP_FAILED during savestate under certain circumstances
- GUI: stop updating the VM status icons when the VM is paused
- VBoxManage: fixed wrong return code after startvm
- BIOS: fixed hang at launch of DOS applications generated by Clipper 5.3 (note that hardware virtualization may be required)
- USB: fixed OS/2 boot hang when using recent USB drivers
- NAT: increase maximum number of parallel connections making connections with port forwarding more robust
- Metrics: fixed potential problem with invalid access in guest metrics collection upon VM destruction
- Main: don’t crash if a medium is ejected twice
- VBoxSVC: fixed crash under rare circumstances (e.g. client crash)
- VRDP: fixed screen freeze
- OVF/OVA: fixed broken disk images on import under rare circumstances
- OVF/OVA: better error message when importing corrupted appliances
- VMDK/VHD: fixed a possible corruption with host cache disabled when using snapshots under rare circumstances
- 3D Support: Fixed fullscreen mode issues for ATI graphics , Windows Media Player rendering for XPDM-based Direct3D support (bug #8341). Multiple fixes to XPDM and WDDM – based 3D support for Windows Guests and for 3D support in general
- Linux hosts: fixes for Fedoras Linux 2.6.41
- Linux hosts/guests: fixes for Linux 3.2
- Solaris Additions: various shared folder fixes
- Windows Additions: various fixes for Direct3D support (un)installation, added detection of missing or wrong Direct3D system files
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, open terminal and enter the following commands
echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.1
- If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages from this Link.
- For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
For installation of extension pack, please check our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .