Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
VirtualBox 4.1.8 has been released!
VirtualBox 4.1.8 has been released!, this is a maintenance release that comes to fix some major bugs.
The following items were fixed and/or added:
- VMM: fixed VERR_MAP_FAILED during savestate under certain circumstances
- GUI: stop updating the VM status icons when the VM is paused
- VBoxManage: fixed wrong return code after startvm
- BIOS: fixed hang at launch of DOS applications generated by Clipper 5.3 (note that hardware virtualization may be required)
- USB: fixed OS/2 boot hang when using recent USB drivers
- NAT: increase maximum number of parallel connections making connections with port forwarding more robust
- Metrics: fixed potential problem with invalid access in guest metrics collection upon VM destruction
- Main: don’t crash if a medium is ejected twice
- VBoxSVC: fixed crash under rare circumstances (e.g. client crash)
- VRDP: fixed screen freeze
- OVF/OVA: fixed broken disk images on import under rare circumstances
- OVF/OVA: better error message when importing corrupted appliances
- VMDK/VHD: fixed a possible corruption with host cache disabled when using snapshots under rare circumstances
- 3D Support: Fixed fullscreen mode issues for ATI graphics , Windows Media Player rendering for XPDM-based Direct3D support (bug #8341). Multiple fixes to XPDM and WDDM – based 3D support for Windows Guests and for 3D support in general
- Linux hosts: fixes for Fedoras Linux 2.6.41
- Linux hosts/guests: fixes for Linux 3.2
- Solaris Additions: various shared folder fixes
- Windows Additions: various fixes for Direct3D support (un)installation, added detection of missing or wrong Direct3D system files
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, open terminal and enter the following commands
echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.1
- If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages from this Link.
- For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
For installation of extension pack, please check our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .