VirtualBox 4.1.2 is released!
Oracle today released VirtualBox 4.1.2, a maintenance release of VirtualBox 4.1 which includes fixes and GUI support for Linked Clones.
What’s New in This Release:
· VMM: fixed 64-bit guests on AMD Fusion CPUs (bug #8824)
· VMM: fixed handling of the sysenter/sysexit machine instructions in 64-bit guests on Intel hosts
· GUI: added linked clone support
· GUI: fixed error check when changing the VM controller settings (4.1.0 regression; bug #9246)
· GUI: fixed the inclusion of additional information (license, vendor, …) on OVF export
· GUI: when taking a snapshot from the VM selector, don’t do a live snapshot
· GUI: fixed immediate crash during start on certain environments due to a library version conflict
· Guest control execution: implemented copying single files from guest to the host (directories and filters not supported yet)
· Guest control execution: limited to serve up to 5 guest processes at a time by default
· Main: return the correct RDP default port fixing settings warnings in the GUI if the remote display was enabled at runtime (bug #9368)
· VBoxSVC: made the path comparison OS independent when images are registered (bug #9303)
· VBoxSVC: several fixes/performance improvements for cloning of VMs
· Snapshots: fixed “Solid-State drive” flag survival on snapshot creation (bug #9379)
· VBoxManage: implemented copyfrom and stat guest control tools to copy files from guest to host and to check for existence of files on the guest
· VBoxManage: fixed extpack install –replace (bug #9308)
· VBoxManage: allow to start multiple VMs with startvm
· VBoxManage: experimental support for SATA CD/DVD hotplugging
· Mouse support: fixed an off-by-one pointer position error affecting Windows guests (bugs #7566, #9321)
· VRDP: fixed a case when the screen was not redrawn correctly (bug #9242)
· NAT: changed TCP connection establishment according to Winsock API requirements (Windows hosts only; bug #8919)
· USB: fixed device recognition issues (bugs #9299) and fixed several device capturing issues (Windows hosts; bug #9299)
· USB: fixed issues with remote filters being applied to local USB devices
· OVA: fixed import of renamed OVA files (bug #9033)
· Windows host: fixed icon for .VDI files (bug #9393)
· Solaris hosts: fixed a bug preventing parallel usage of multiple host NICs with Crossbow based bridged networking
· Linux hosts: fixed random kernel panics on host suspend / shutdown (4.1.0 regression; bug #9305)
· Guest Additions: keep logged in user count in out-of-memory situations and warn about it
· Solaris Additions: fixed shared folders due to missing symbols in the vboxfs module (4.0.12 / 4.1.0 regression; bug #9264)
· Windows Additions: fixed file truncation on a shared folder with some applications (bugs #9276, #9315)
· Windows Additions: fixed shared folder issues with antivirus software and 64 bit Windows guests (bug #9318)
· Windows Vista and 7 guests: WDDM driver fixes and performance enhancements, fixed WinSAT crashes (#9267)
· Linux Additions: fixed llseek() for Linux kernels 2.6.37 and above
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, open terminal and enter the following commands
echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.1
- If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages from this Link.
- For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
For installation of extension pack, please check our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...1 comment |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .