VirtualBox 4.1.2 is released!
Oracle today released VirtualBox 4.1.2, a maintenance release of VirtualBox 4.1 which includes fixes and GUI support for Linked Clones.
What’s New in This Release:
· VMM: fixed 64-bit guests on AMD Fusion CPUs (bug #8824)
· VMM: fixed handling of the sysenter/sysexit machine instructions in 64-bit guests on Intel hosts
· GUI: added linked clone support
· GUI: fixed error check when changing the VM controller settings (4.1.0 regression; bug #9246)
· GUI: fixed the inclusion of additional information (license, vendor, …) on OVF export
· GUI: when taking a snapshot from the VM selector, don’t do a live snapshot
· GUI: fixed immediate crash during start on certain environments due to a library version conflict
· Guest control execution: implemented copying single files from guest to the host (directories and filters not supported yet)
· Guest control execution: limited to serve up to 5 guest processes at a time by default
· Main: return the correct RDP default port fixing settings warnings in the GUI if the remote display was enabled at runtime (bug #9368)
· VBoxSVC: made the path comparison OS independent when images are registered (bug #9303)
· VBoxSVC: several fixes/performance improvements for cloning of VMs
· Snapshots: fixed “Solid-State drive” flag survival on snapshot creation (bug #9379)
· VBoxManage: implemented copyfrom and stat guest control tools to copy files from guest to host and to check for existence of files on the guest
· VBoxManage: fixed extpack install –replace (bug #9308)
· VBoxManage: allow to start multiple VMs with startvm
· VBoxManage: experimental support for SATA CD/DVD hotplugging
· Mouse support: fixed an off-by-one pointer position error affecting Windows guests (bugs #7566, #9321)
· VRDP: fixed a case when the screen was not redrawn correctly (bug #9242)
· NAT: changed TCP connection establishment according to Winsock API requirements (Windows hosts only; bug #8919)
· USB: fixed device recognition issues (bugs #9299) and fixed several device capturing issues (Windows hosts; bug #9299)
· USB: fixed issues with remote filters being applied to local USB devices
· OVA: fixed import of renamed OVA files (bug #9033)
· Windows host: fixed icon for .VDI files (bug #9393)
· Solaris hosts: fixed a bug preventing parallel usage of multiple host NICs with Crossbow based bridged networking
· Linux hosts: fixed random kernel panics on host suspend / shutdown (4.1.0 regression; bug #9305)
· Guest Additions: keep logged in user count in out-of-memory situations and warn about it
· Solaris Additions: fixed shared folders due to missing symbols in the vboxfs module (4.0.12 / 4.1.0 regression; bug #9264)
· Windows Additions: fixed file truncation on a shared folder with some applications (bugs #9276, #9315)
· Windows Additions: fixed shared folder issues with antivirus software and 64 bit Windows guests (bug #9318)
· Windows Vista and 7 guests: WDDM driver fixes and performance enhancements, fixed WinSAT crashes (#9267)
· Linux Additions: fixed llseek() for Linux kernels 2.6.37 and above
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, open terminal and enter the following commands
echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.1
- If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages from this Link.
- For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
For installation of extension pack, please check our previous post.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .