VirtualBox 4.0.12 has been released!
Oracle released VirtualBox 4.0.12, a maintenance release of VirtualBox 4.0. It improves stability and fixes regressions.
VirtualBox 4.0.12 changelog:
- Mac OS X hosts: Lion fixes
- Solaris hosts: fixed preemption issue with Solaris 11 hosts (builds 166 and above)
- VBoxManage: more convenient configuration of storage controller attachments by automatically determining the port or device parameter when a storage controller has only one port or device per port
- Storage: fixed possible data corruption under certain circumstances whith VHD and Parallels images
- Storage: fixed access to CD/DVD images beyond 4GB when using the SATA controller
- Floppy: make it possible to unmount a host floppy disk
- Networking: fixed the problem with segmentation offloading when several VMs were transmitting at once
- 3D support: fixed GL_VERSION string for different locales
- Sources: fixed USB 2.0 support using extension packs for non-official builds
- Solaris Additions: fixed automounting of shared folders
For Ubuntu and LinuxMint, open terminal and enter the following commands
echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib"|
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.0
- If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages from this Link.
- For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
For installation of extension pack, please check our previous post.