VirtualBox 4.0 is released ! New PPA for Ubuntu and Debian
Again another release from Oracle before the end of the year, this time is VirtualBox 4.0 who has been released . This new version features an improved user interface, as well as added virtual hardware support, including for chip-sets supporting PCI Express and others. Other changes include increased capacity and throughput using a new asynchronous I/O model for networked (iSCSI) and local storage, and improved standards support with support for the Open Virtualisation Format (OVF), support more than 1.5/2 GB guest RAM on 32-bit hosts, Resource control: added support for limiting a VM’s CPU time and IO bandwidth and more.
See the complete changelog in this link.
I- Installation :
Before to start remember to remove any previous version of virtualbox installed in your system.
- For Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat and linuxmint 10 :
To install VirtualBox in Ubuntu 10.10 maverick meerkat and LinuxMint10, you need to add the the following repository.
1-Open terminal and copy the command bellow :
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian maverick contrib"
2- Add the verification key, Copy this command :
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3- Now update and install :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.0
- You can also use this command (Thanks to webupd8) to add the repository and install virtualbox 4.0 in debian based systems (Ubuntu, LinuxMint, Debian..)
sudo -v echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.0
- If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages or from this Link.
- For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
II- Download and install the extension pack:
As i mentioned in my previous post ” VirtualBox4.0 introduces the Extension Pack mechanism which allows Oracle and 3rd parties to deliver additional functionality on top of the standard Open Source product. The Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack, adds support for USB 2.0, RDP server and the PXE bootloader with E1000 support. “
To install the extension pack, First download the pack from this link : Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.0.0-69151.vbox-extpack
After, open virtualbox and go to File–> Preference, then under extensions install the extension pack:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .