Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
VirtualBox 4.0 is released ! New PPA for Ubuntu and Debian
Again another release from Oracle before the end of the year, this time is VirtualBox 4.0 who has been released . This new version features an improved user interface, as well as added virtual hardware support, including for chip-sets supporting PCI Express and others. Other changes include increased capacity and throughput using a new asynchronous I/O model for networked (iSCSI) and local storage, and improved standards support with support for the Open Virtualisation Format (OVF), support more than 1.5/2 GB guest RAM on 32-bit hosts, Resource control: added support for limiting a VM’s CPU time and IO bandwidth and more.
See the complete changelog in this link.
I- Installation :
Before to start remember to remove any previous version of virtualbox installed in your system.
- For Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat and linuxmint 10 :
To install VirtualBox in Ubuntu 10.10 maverick meerkat and LinuxMint10, you need to add the the following repository.
1-Open terminal and copy the command bellow :
sudo add-apt-repository "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian maverick contrib"
2- Add the verification key, Copy this command :
wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
3- Now update and install :
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.0
- You can also use this command (Thanks to webupd8) to add the repository and install virtualbox 4.0 in debian based systems (Ubuntu, LinuxMint, Debian..)
sudo -v echo "deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian $(lsb_release -sc) contrib" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list wget -q http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add - sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install virtualbox-4.0
- If you don`t want to install virtualbox from repository download the following .deb packages or from this Link.
- For Other Linux distribution, download the packages from this Link.
II- Download and install the extension pack:
As i mentioned in my previous post ” VirtualBox4.0 introduces the Extension Pack mechanism which allows Oracle and 3rd parties to deliver additional functionality on top of the standard Open Source product. The Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack, adds support for USB 2.0, RDP server and the PXE bootloader with E1000 support. “
To install the extension pack, First download the pack from this link : Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-4.0.0-69151.vbox-extpack
After, open virtualbox and go to File–> Preference, then under extensions install the extension pack:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .