Vega Strike- A 3D Action-Space-Sim opensource game
Vega Strike is a 3-D space simulation game that lets you trade, fight, and explore in a vast universe. Both the Vega Strike game engine and Vega Strike Universe game data set are in a playable state, but still under development.
“Vega Strike allows players to explore a vastly dynamic universe where frontiers collide and you’re just a pilot trying to make ends meet. How? That’s your decision. Vega Strike is designed as a non-linear gaming experience, where you choose what action you want to take.
Vega Strike features a dynamic trading economy, allowing your character to operate as a merchant. Discover what trade routes bring in the most profit, what commodities make you the most money given your ship’s cargo space limitations, accept cargo missions and learn to avoid areas of danger (repairs eat into your profits!).
If you are tired of making money on milk runs, or want to try something different, then there are other paths to success. Vega Strike features a mission generator, providing multiple missions to the experienced (and not so experienced) pilots. Engage in bounty hunts, patrols, battles and escort missions. Feel like travelling? Explore the dynamic universe and see the farthest reaches of known space. Want a walk on the wild side? You could always turn pirate! Just be prepared for the consequences.” VS Wiki
- Operating System: Windows 2000 or later, Linux, Mac Intel / PowerPC
- CPU: 1.0 GHz or above
- RAM: 256MB or more
- HDD: minimum 500MB free
- GPU: nVidia 6600 family or later, ATI ??
- VRAM: 256MBor more
- Driver with OpenGL support
Vegastrike package has been removed from ubuntu repositroy. To install the game in Ubuntu and other Linux distributions, download the package from the link above and then install the game using these commands:
tar -xvjf "/home/username/Desktop/vegastrike-linux-0.5.0.tar.bz2" -C "/home/username/"
Visit the wiki manual for tutorials for playing VS game
For help check VS forum.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .