Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Vega Strike- A 3D Action-Space-Sim opensource game
Vega Strike is a 3-D space simulation game that lets you trade, fight, and explore in a vast universe. Both the Vega Strike game engine and Vega Strike Universe game data set are in a playable state, but still under development.
“Vega Strike allows players to explore a vastly dynamic universe where frontiers collide and you’re just a pilot trying to make ends meet. How? That’s your decision. Vega Strike is designed as a non-linear gaming experience, where you choose what action you want to take.
Vega Strike features a dynamic trading economy, allowing your character to operate as a merchant. Discover what trade routes bring in the most profit, what commodities make you the most money given your ship’s cargo space limitations, accept cargo missions and learn to avoid areas of danger (repairs eat into your profits!).
If you are tired of making money on milk runs, or want to try something different, then there are other paths to success. Vega Strike features a mission generator, providing multiple missions to the experienced (and not so experienced) pilots. Engage in bounty hunts, patrols, battles and escort missions. Feel like travelling? Explore the dynamic universe and see the farthest reaches of known space. Want a walk on the wild side? You could always turn pirate! Just be prepared for the consequences.” VS Wiki
- Operating System: Windows 2000 or later, Linux, Mac Intel / PowerPC
- CPU: 1.0 GHz or above
- RAM: 256MB or more
- HDD: minimum 500MB free
- GPU: nVidia 6600 family or later, ATI ??
- VRAM: 256MBor more
- Driver with OpenGL support
Vegastrike package has been removed from ubuntu repositroy. To install the game in Ubuntu and other Linux distributions, download the package from the link above and then install the game using these commands:
tar -xvjf "/home/username/Desktop/vegastrike-linux-0.5.0.tar.bz2" -C "/home/username/"
Visit the wiki manual for tutorials for playing VS game
For help check VS forum.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...1 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .