Vega Strike- A 3D Action-Space-Sim opensource game
Vega Strike is a 3-D space simulation game that lets you trade, fight, and explore in a vast universe. Both the Vega Strike game engine and Vega Strike Universe game data set are in a playable state, but still under development.
“Vega Strike allows players to explore a vastly dynamic universe where frontiers collide and you’re just a pilot trying to make ends meet. How? That’s your decision. Vega Strike is designed as a non-linear gaming experience, where you choose what action you want to take.
Vega Strike features a dynamic trading economy, allowing your character to operate as a merchant. Discover what trade routes bring in the most profit, what commodities make you the most money given your ship’s cargo space limitations, accept cargo missions and learn to avoid areas of danger (repairs eat into your profits!).
If you are tired of making money on milk runs, or want to try something different, then there are other paths to success. Vega Strike features a mission generator, providing multiple missions to the experienced (and not so experienced) pilots. Engage in bounty hunts, patrols, battles and escort missions. Feel like travelling? Explore the dynamic universe and see the farthest reaches of known space. Want a walk on the wild side? You could always turn pirate! Just be prepared for the consequences.” VS Wiki
- Operating System: Windows 2000 or later, Linux, Mac Intel / PowerPC
- CPU: 1.0 GHz or above
- RAM: 256MB or more
- HDD: minimum 500MB free
- GPU: nVidia 6600 family or later, ATI ??
- VRAM: 256MBor more
- Driver with OpenGL support
Vegastrike package has been removed from ubuntu repositroy. To install the game in Ubuntu and other Linux distributions, download the package from the link above and then install the game using these commands:
tar -xvjf "/home/username/Desktop/vegastrike-linux-0.5.0.tar.bz2" -C "/home/username/"
Visit the wiki manual for tutorials for playing VS game
For help check VS forum.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .