Usefull extensions for openoffice
OpenOffice.org 3 is the leading open-source open software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common computers. You can adjust openoffice to your needs by adding more functionality with the help of extensions.
In this article we choosed for you some usefull extensions for openoffice, somes of them seems to be a very important ones ,for installation you will find the installation guide at the end of this article.
1- List of usefull extensions for Openoffice
Writer’s Tools is a set of utilities designed to help OpenOffice.org users perform a wide range of tasks. Using Writer’s Tools, you can back up documents, look up and translate words and phrases, manage text snippets, and keep tabs on document statistics.
Compose Special Characters
Compose Special Characters lets you type two or three characters and use a keyboard shortcut to convert them into a single accented or special character. Writer and Calc are currently supported.
You can also use a dialog to insert any supported character. The dialog lists all supported characters and the character combinations you use to compose them. The characters are categorised in the dialog for easier reference.
Do you want to enhance the quality of your created documents or want to create professional and stunning looking presentations?
With these professionally designed document templates and presentations it is a simple task.
More than 120 templates for OpenOffice.org Writer, Calc, and Impress
Sun PDF Import Extension
The PDF Import Extension allows you to import and modify PDF documents. Best results with 100% layout accuracy can be achieved with the “PDF/ODF hybrid file” format, which this extension also enables. A hybrid PDF/ODF file is a PDF file that contains an embedded ODF source file. Hybrid PDF/ODF files will be opened in OpenOffice.org as an ODF file without any layout changes. Users without this extension can open the PDF part of the hybrid file with their PDF viewer.
You can organize your important family dates and contact information with this database. It can produce a list of upcoming birthdays & anniversaries, print address labels, store miscellaneous family information, and export the contact information to PDA. If you are new to OpenOffice Base, this can serve as an introduction.
Fast selection preset regular and extended expressions
Searched or replaced text can contain one or more paragraphs
Search out block of paragraphs delimited by two text marks
Multiple search and replacement in one step
Searching: Notes, Text fields, Cross-references and Reference marks to their content, name or mark and their inserting
Searching and inserting Footnote and Endnote (from version OOo 2.3 only). It is possible to select at once texts of all footnotes or endnotes and to assign them any style
Searching object of Tables, Pictures and Text frames according to their name; it is possible to substitute them by any text, etc.
Changing into found or replaced text: paragraph style, character style, list style and Hyperlink’s URL and set properties
Inserting and replacement: clipboard contents, insert replacement counter and page number
Hexadecimal also decimal submission character for search and replaced
Searching out manual page and column break and their set up or deactivation
Searching similarly or the same manually formatted part of text, according to cursor point
Count found occurrences
Redirecting result of replacing expression to the other text file
Batch mode: saving and loading of search and replacement parameters; it is possible to save several searching and replacing subsequently to the single sequence and that whole quickly execute after
Self dialogue for quick assignment of key shortcut to batches
Language: English, Czech, Russian, Spanish, German, French, Dutch, Italian (without help)
OOTranslator is an OpenOffice.org wrapper for Google Translate. In simpler terms, it’s a utility which allows users of OpenOffice.org office suite to translate text from a document opened to any language. It does this using Google Translate library at the back end.
This extension for OpenOffice.org improves the lists of recent documents. Needs OpenOffice.org 3.1.0 or more recent.
Menu Tools – Add-ons – History Master : List handling…
Change the size of each list.
Eliminate the useless names.
Change the order of the names.
Menu File – Recent of same type…
Find recent documents of a same type.
The help pages are integrated into OpenOffice.org.
Dialogs and help appear in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian according to the UI language.
Version 1.0.1 includes a work-around over Issue 102816 : dialogs now appear in english for other languages.
To install the openoffice extensions you have to open openoffice and go to Tools → Extension manager
Then click on add buton and choose the downloaded extension you want to add.
You can always use our forum if you need more help, if you like this article digg it :)
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Download 11 Community Wallpapers Chosen For Ubuntu 14.04 “Trusty Tahr”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr” Default Wallpaper Revealed!
- Canonical Works with Cisco!
- Android Intercom: An Excellent Intercom App For Bikers Or Hiking Fans
- Install Google Talk Plugin In Fedora 20
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .