Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Usefull extensions for openoffice
OpenOffice.org 3 is the leading open-source open software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common computers. You can adjust openoffice to your needs by adding more functionality with the help of extensions.
In this article we choosed for you some usefull extensions for openoffice, somes of them seems to be a very important ones ,for installation you will find the installation guide at the end of this article.
1- List of usefull extensions for Openoffice
Writer’s Tools is a set of utilities designed to help OpenOffice.org users perform a wide range of tasks. Using Writer’s Tools, you can back up documents, look up and translate words and phrases, manage text snippets, and keep tabs on document statistics.
Compose Special Characters
Compose Special Characters lets you type two or three characters and use a keyboard shortcut to convert them into a single accented or special character. Writer and Calc are currently supported.
You can also use a dialog to insert any supported character. The dialog lists all supported characters and the character combinations you use to compose them. The characters are categorised in the dialog for easier reference.
Do you want to enhance the quality of your created documents or want to create professional and stunning looking presentations?
With these professionally designed document templates and presentations it is a simple task.
More than 120 templates for OpenOffice.org Writer, Calc, and Impress
Sun PDF Import Extension
The PDF Import Extension allows you to import and modify PDF documents. Best results with 100% layout accuracy can be achieved with the “PDF/ODF hybrid file” format, which this extension also enables. A hybrid PDF/ODF file is a PDF file that contains an embedded ODF source file. Hybrid PDF/ODF files will be opened in OpenOffice.org as an ODF file without any layout changes. Users without this extension can open the PDF part of the hybrid file with their PDF viewer.
You can organize your important family dates and contact information with this database. It can produce a list of upcoming birthdays & anniversaries, print address labels, store miscellaneous family information, and export the contact information to PDA. If you are new to OpenOffice Base, this can serve as an introduction.
Fast selection preset regular and extended expressions
Searched or replaced text can contain one or more paragraphs
Search out block of paragraphs delimited by two text marks
Multiple search and replacement in one step
Searching: Notes, Text fields, Cross-references and Reference marks to their content, name or mark and their inserting
Searching and inserting Footnote and Endnote (from version OOo 2.3 only). It is possible to select at once texts of all footnotes or endnotes and to assign them any style
Searching object of Tables, Pictures and Text frames according to their name; it is possible to substitute them by any text, etc.
Changing into found or replaced text: paragraph style, character style, list style and Hyperlink’s URL and set properties
Inserting and replacement: clipboard contents, insert replacement counter and page number
Hexadecimal also decimal submission character for search and replaced
Searching out manual page and column break and their set up or deactivation
Searching similarly or the same manually formatted part of text, according to cursor point
Count found occurrences
Redirecting result of replacing expression to the other text file
Batch mode: saving and loading of search and replacement parameters; it is possible to save several searching and replacing subsequently to the single sequence and that whole quickly execute after
Self dialogue for quick assignment of key shortcut to batches
Language: English, Czech, Russian, Spanish, German, French, Dutch, Italian (without help)
OOTranslator is an OpenOffice.org wrapper for Google Translate. In simpler terms, it’s a utility which allows users of OpenOffice.org office suite to translate text from a document opened to any language. It does this using Google Translate library at the back end.
This extension for OpenOffice.org improves the lists of recent documents. Needs OpenOffice.org 3.1.0 or more recent.
Menu Tools – Add-ons – History Master : List handling…
Change the size of each list.
Eliminate the useless names.
Change the order of the names.
Menu File – Recent of same type…
Find recent documents of a same type.
The help pages are integrated into OpenOffice.org.
Dialogs and help appear in English, French, German, Spanish, Italian according to the UI language.
Version 1.0.1 includes a work-around over Issue 102816 : dialogs now appear in english for other languages.
To install the openoffice extensions you have to open openoffice and go to Tools → Extension manager
Then click on add buton and choose the downloaded extension you want to add.
You can always use our forum if you need more help, if you like this article digg it :)
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...2 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
- How to Block Ads on Your Web Browsers Using Privoxy
- Basic mplayer Usage from Command-Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .