Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Use your ubuntu as a media center with Moovida
Moovida is what used to be called elisa,it is an open source cross-platform media center solution designed to be simple for people not particularly familiar with computers.
By bringing together all your movies, TV shows, tunes and photos in one simple innovative interface.
More than that, Moovida brings you the best of internet video, music and images to play on your HDTV, laptop or PC.
To install moodivia, first add repository :
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
For ubuntu Jaunty, add this 2 lines at the end of the list :
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/moovida-packagers/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/moovida-packagers/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
For Interpid add these line :
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/moovida-packagers/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/moovida-packagers/ppa/ubuntu intrepid main
Now add the verification key :
sudo apt-key adv
--keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com e478bb3b6bcd9f67c5137df13135cd5c26c2e075
Then type :
sudo apt-get update
Now install moovida
sudo apt-get install moovida
and is done
See demonstration of moovida in this video :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
- How To: Disable or Enable Guest Account in Ubuntu 13.04
- Setup Your Own YouTube Like Website Using ClipBucket
- Retroshare: A Next Generation Secure Communication and File Sharing Platform
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .