Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
USB3 is out from NEC electronics
USB3 is out from NEC electronics
NEC being the first to announce the first USB 3.0 host controller, the next generation standartd that is expected to offer a ten-fold speed increase over the current USB2.0.
The µPD720200 device is a host controller for PCs and other digital devices, and is based on the new version of the Super Speed USB standard, supporting the world`s fastest USB transfer speeds of up to 5 gigabits per second (Gbps) of data, which is 10 times faster than previous USB 2.0 transfer speeds.
The new NEC Electronics device, as well as the standard, is fully backward compatible with versions USB 2.0, 1.1 and 1.0 of the USB standard.
With its high-speed transfer capability, the µPD720200 host controller makes it possible to expand the boundaries of digital appliances such as PCs, digital televisions and DVD recorders. The new Super-Speed USB 3.0 chip from NEC Electronics requires only 70 seconds to transfer 25 GB (gigabytes) of video content on a Blu-ray Disc, compared to 14 minutes to transfer the same content when using the high-speed USB 2.0 with 480 Mbps (megabits per second) transfer capability. This enormous increase in transfer speed will enable system
designers to transfer large-volume data quickly and without stress and develop a new generation of high-performance consumer electronic products.
Samples of the chips will become available in June 2009 at $15 USD, along with free Windows drivers. NEC anticipates monthly production to reach one million units by September of this year, and rapid adoption in second half of 2010.
You can find more information about the new product at :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .