Upstart 1.9.1 Released
Just one week out from the release of Upstart 1.9, Ubuntu has pushed out 1.9.1.
Upstart is an event-based replacement for the /sbin/init daemon which handles starting of tasks and services during boot, stopping them during shutdown and supervising them while the system is running.
It was originally developed for Ubuntu, but is intended to be suitable for deployment across Linux distributions as a replacement for the venerable System-V init.
Recent changes and improvements include:
- Apparmor support added by means of two new stanzas: ‘apparmor load’ and ‘apparmor switch’ (Thanks Marc Deslauriers)
- Stateful re-exec: now serialises all objects, not just the minimum set
- Allow inherited environment variables to be unset for Session Inits
- Ability to specify multiple configuration directories when running as a Session Init
- libupstart: Client library for communicating with Upstart
- upstart-dbus-bridge: New bridge to allow jobs to react to D-Bus signals
- The usual round of fixes and doc improvements
- Fix respawn behaviour regression (introduced in version 1.8) affecting jobs which also specify shell meta-characters in the exec stanza (LP: #1181789)
- Fix common bug which could cause a bridge to crash (LP: #1197225)
- Various fixes for libupstart
- initctl2dot: Layout improvements
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab : I have explained to you guys how to download youtube videos from Linux with the youtube-dl tool, but...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Is Ubuntu Going To Replace Windows XP In South Korea? : As we all know the Windows XP apocalypse is approaching gradually and Windows XP is still one of Mic...1 comment |
- How To Fix "E: Unable to locate Ubuntu-restricted-extras" : Ubuntu Restricted Extras is the first package that most people install after a new installation of U...0 comments |
- Check System Information With Hardinfo
- Pandora FMS – An Universal Monitoring System For Your Organization
- How To Fix “google-chrome-stable depends on libxss1″ error
- Is Ubuntu Going To Replace Windows XP In South Korea?
- Fedora 20 “Heisenbug” Officially Released!
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab
- Fix “W: ubuntu_dists_saucy_main_binary-amd64_Packages”
- How To Fix “E: Unable to locate Ubuntu-restricted-extras”
- How To Install KeePassx 2.0 Alpha 4 In Ubuntu
- Add Package Management Tool On FreeBSD 10
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .