Upgrade from Opensuse11.1 to Opensuse 11.2
As everybody know, opensuse 11.2 was released yesterday ,the new release includes new versions of GNOME, KDE, OpenOffice.org, Firefox, the Linux kernel, and many, many more updates and improvements. If you want to upgrade to the new opensuse 11.2 please follow the steps bellow:
If you are not yet ready to upgarde , lets give some short descrition what do you have do ,
The method is working to upgrade fron 11.1 to 11.2.
First you have to know some advantage and desatvantage of this precedure :
- You only download the packages that need to be upgraded, thus using a lot less bandwidth.
- During the upgrade you can still use your workstation; the only downtime will be the reboot after the upgrade.
- If for any reason the upgrade is interrupted (i.e: power outages, network disconnect) and the process can’t continue, you could be left with a broken system (that depends on where the process stopped of course).
Now lets start:
1- Download the new repository of Opensuse 11.2
#zypper addrepo --name "openSUSE-11.2 OSS" http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/oss/ repo-oss
#zypper addrepo --name "openSUSE-11.2 Non-OSS" http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/non-oss/ repo-non-oss
#zypper addrepo --name "openSUSE-11.2 Updates" http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.2/ repo-update
2- Refresh the system and user the updadated Zyper
zypper refresh # Refresh the local metadata and repo contents
zypper in zypper # Pull in zypper from the 11.2 repository.
3- Download all required packges fro upgrade
zypper -d dup
4- Upgarde your system
Enjoyt he new release of opensuse ., for any question , we are here to answer.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .