Upgrade from Opensuse11.1 to Opensuse 11.2
As everybody know, opensuse 11.2 was released yesterday ,the new release includes new versions of GNOME, KDE, OpenOffice.org, Firefox, the Linux kernel, and many, many more updates and improvements. If you want to upgrade to the new opensuse 11.2 please follow the steps bellow:
If you are not yet ready to upgarde , lets give some short descrition what do you have do ,
The method is working to upgrade fron 11.1 to 11.2.
First you have to know some advantage and desatvantage of this precedure :
- You only download the packages that need to be upgraded, thus using a lot less bandwidth.
- During the upgrade you can still use your workstation; the only downtime will be the reboot after the upgrade.
- If for any reason the upgrade is interrupted (i.e: power outages, network disconnect) and the process can’t continue, you could be left with a broken system (that depends on where the process stopped of course).
Now lets start:
1- Download the new repository of Opensuse 11.2
#zypper addrepo --name "openSUSE-11.2 OSS" http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/oss/ repo-oss
#zypper addrepo --name "openSUSE-11.2 Non-OSS" http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/11.2/repo/non-oss/ repo-non-oss
#zypper addrepo --name "openSUSE-11.2 Updates" http://download.opensuse.org/update/11.2/ repo-update
2- Refresh the system and user the updadated Zyper
zypper refresh # Refresh the local metadata and repo contents
zypper in zypper # Pull in zypper from the 11.2 repository.
3- Download all required packges fro upgrade
zypper -d dup
4- Upgarde your system
Enjoyt he new release of opensuse ., for any question , we are here to answer.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .