Upgrade nagios from 3.1.0 to 3.2.0
Nagios 3.2.0 is this latest stable release include several bug fixes, including fixes for service and host check scheduling and availability reporting. FYI, “Nagios Core” is the new name for the monitoring daemon/web interface that used to be known simply as “Nagios”. Nothing material other than the name has changed at this point.
Fix for read-only permissions bug in CGIs that caused problems viewing comments (bug #000002 9)
- Fix for incorrect CGI reports (availability, trends, etc.) when reporting period spans Dayli ght Savings Time (bug #0000046)
- Fix for detection of truecolor support in GD library (Lars Hecking)
- Reverted to use –datadir configure script option instead of the more recently introduced — datarootdir option
- Status and retention files are now flushed/synced to disk to prevent incomplete information being displayed in CGIs
- Fix for incorrect next service check time calculation when Nagios is reloaded with different timeperiod ranges
- Updated Fedora quickstart guide to indicate PHP requirements
- Known issue: Service checks that are defined with timeperiods that contain “exclude” directives are incorrectly re-scheduled. Don’t use these for now – we’ll get this fixed for 3.4
Download the Nagios 3.2.0 from ;
Extract the file with
#tar -zxvf nagios-3.2.0.tar.gz
Run nagios configire script
Compile de nagios source
Install the updated libraries.
Test the configuaration file of nagios
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
If you have no errors . restart your nagios for the new version.
#service nagios restart
For any issues or questions please report it the our forum .