Upgrade nagios from 3.1.0 to 3.2.0
Nagios 3.2.0 is this latest stable release include several bug fixes, including fixes for service and host check scheduling and availability reporting. FYI, “Nagios Core” is the new name for the monitoring daemon/web interface that used to be known simply as “Nagios”. Nothing material other than the name has changed at this point.
Fix for read-only permissions bug in CGIs that caused problems viewing comments (bug #000002 9)
- Fix for incorrect CGI reports (availability, trends, etc.) when reporting period spans Dayli ght Savings Time (bug #0000046)
- Fix for detection of truecolor support in GD library (Lars Hecking)
- Reverted to use –datadir configure script option instead of the more recently introduced — datarootdir option
- Status and retention files are now flushed/synced to disk to prevent incomplete information being displayed in CGIs
- Fix for incorrect next service check time calculation when Nagios is reloaded with different timeperiod ranges
- Updated Fedora quickstart guide to indicate PHP requirements
- Known issue: Service checks that are defined with timeperiods that contain “exclude” directives are incorrectly re-scheduled. Don’t use these for now – we’ll get this fixed for 3.4
Download the Nagios 3.2.0 from ;
Extract the file with
#tar -zxvf nagios-3.2.0.tar.gz
Run nagios configire script
Compile de nagios source
Install the updated libraries.
Test the configuaration file of nagios
/usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
If you have no errors . restart your nagios for the new version.
#service nagios restart
For any issues or questions please report it the our forum .
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .