Upgrade from Fedora11 to Fedora12 Constantine
As everybody knows ,Fedora 12 is out, If maybe you still running the old version like Fedora 11 or 10 and you need to upgrade to fedora12, then you have to know that upgarding to this release is only possible from Fedora 11, if you are using an older version, you will need first to upgrade to Fedora11 before to go to 12.
Before to start the upgrade, remember that is important to take a look on the upgrade page of fedora before to upgrade , because you can have more advises about upgrade procedure.
Important : Make a complete backup of any important data before performing an upgrade. Important data may include the contents of your entire
/home directory as well as content from services such as an Apache, FTP, or SQL server, or a source code management system. Although upgrades are not destructive, if you perform one improperly there is a small possibility of data loss.
You made the backup ? Ready for upgrade ? If yes then let`s start the upgarde to Fedora12. GoodLuck
1- First Methode : Upgrade using preupgrade :
First update you packge to latest version with :
try again to check if you have the latste rpm (redhat packge manager)
yum update rpm
Now install the upgrade package :
yum install preupgrade
Now always on the terminal, run the upgrade using the command :
if you have some dependencies issues . please remove the packages bellow
2- 2nd Methode :
Remember that is important to take a look on the upgrade page of fedora before to upgrade see link.
rpm -ivh http://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/fedora/linux/releases/12/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-12-1.noarch.rpm
3-3d Methode ; Upgrade from DVD Fedora12 .
When installing DVD please chose Upgrade instead of install and enjoy
After upgrade is finished , reboot your computer. And Goodluck :)
Read also at unixmen:
- Fedora 12 constantine is out !
- Propose a name for Fedora 13
- AWN – Just another launchbar for linux desktop
- Enchance your launchbar in Linux with Cairo-Dock
- Build samba server in Fedora/Centos
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...2 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6 : Integria IMS is a fully featured ITIL management system, featuring a ticketing system, inventory/C...2 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
- Format Junkie: Convert Media Files To All Popular Formats
- Setup Squid Proxy Server On openSUSE 13.1
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .