Upgrade to Fedora 11 from Fedora 10
Fedora 11 Leonidas is Hardly a Spartan Linux has been released, it has faster performance and new security, virtualization, desktop and server features
on the faster side of things, Fedora 11 aims to have a 20 second boot time, which might rival Ubuntu Linux’s 25 second boot time in its recent Jaunty release. Fedora 11 also includes the new Ext4 file system which offers better performance and the ability to handle larger file sizes. New desktop features for device identification and management are also a key part of the Fedora 11 release.
Now to upgrade to fedora 11 from fedora 10,follow steps bellow you can also see the fedora project website for upgrade:
Methode 1: (easy way)
Type commands :
#yum -y update
#yum install -y preupgrade
#yum clean all
reboot your machine
and start the command :
for Gui mode (graphic mode) start
#preupgrade-cli "Fedora 11 (Leonidas)"
Methode 2: (advanced)
1- Run live update of your current fedora :
#yum update -y
install the fast mirror for downloding packages
#yum install yum-fastestmirror
Then remove all traces of the version you are leaving from the yum cache in /var/cache/yum.
#yum clean all
2- Now download and install these packages:
wge t http://mirrors.nl.eu.kernel.org/fedora/releases/11/Fedora/i386/os/Packages/fedora-release-notes-11.0.0-2.fc11.noarch.rpm
Install the rpm package :
rpm -ivh fedora-release-11-1.noarch.rpm fedora-release-notes-11.0.0-2.fc11.noarch.rpm
Make sure the new repo files isn’t placed as .rpmnew files, perhaps by
mv /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo.rpmnew /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-updates.repo
mv /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo.rpmnew /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
now go to runlevel 3 with command
3- Now upgrade to Fedora 11 with
#yum update -y
#yum upgrade -y
please note :
It is only possible to upgrade to Fedora 11 from an updated Fedora 10. Older systems must be upgraded to Fedora 10 first. The RPM format has been changed for Fedora 11, so the older rpmlib must be updated first. Otherwise the process will fail with rpmlib(FileDigests) dependency problems. Support for the new format has been backported to Fedora 10 in an update.
New initrd built when installing a new kernel while running Fedora 10 might fail. To solve that boot with an old kernel (to get the new userspace) and (re)install the new kernel.
Systems with PAE support (indicated by pae in /proc/cpuinfo) should use kernel-PAE.i686. The new kernel must be changed/installed manually: Set DEFAULTKERNEL=kernel-PAE in /etc/sysconfig/kernel and yum install kernel-PAE. Refer to Dave Jones’ blog post for details.
Before rebooting :
install the bootloader on your fist disk with (sda) :
/sbin/grub-install --recheck /dev/sda
the init scripts could be changed after the updates . Please restore the the init script with :
#cd /etc/rc.d/init.d; for f in *; do< /font>; /sbin/chkconfig $f resetpriorities; done
and is done
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .