Ubuntu Security Notice
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-678-2 December 09, 2008
A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases:
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
This advisory also applies to the corresponding versions of Kubuntu, Edubuntu, and Xubuntu. The problem can be corrected by upgrading your system to the following package versions:
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS: libgnutls12 1.2.9-2ubuntu1.4 Ubuntu 7.10: libgnutls13 1.6.3-1ubuntu0.3 Ubuntu 8.04 LTS: libgnutls13 2.0.4-1ubuntu2.3 Ubuntu 8.10: libgnutls26 2.4.1-1ubuntu0.2
In general, a standard system upgrade is sufficient to effect the necessary changes. Details follow: USN-678-1 fixed a vulnerability in GnuTLS.
The upstream patch introduced a regression when validating certain certificate chains that would report valid certificates as untrusted. This update fixes the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Original advisory details: Martin von Gagern discovered that GnuTLS did not properly verify certificate chains when the last certificate in the chain was self-signed.
If a remote attacker were able to perform a man-in-the-middle attack, this flaw could be exploited to view sensitive information. (CVE-2008-4989)
Source : www.ubuntu.com (http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-678-2)
Related Articles By Tags:
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com/
Like us on Facebook
Donate to Unixmen
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .
Maintained by Unixmen .