Ubuntu Security Notice
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-678-2 December 09, 2008
A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases:
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
This advisory also applies to the corresponding versions of Kubuntu, Edubuntu, and Xubuntu. The problem can be corrected by upgrading your system to the following package versions:
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS: libgnutls12 1.2.9-2ubuntu1.4 Ubuntu 7.10: libgnutls13 1.6.3-1ubuntu0.3 Ubuntu 8.04 LTS: libgnutls13 2.0.4-1ubuntu2.3 Ubuntu 8.10: libgnutls26 2.4.1-1ubuntu0.2
In general, a standard system upgrade is sufficient to effect the necessary changes. Details follow: USN-678-1 fixed a vulnerability in GnuTLS.
The upstream patch introduced a regression when validating certain certificate chains that would report valid certificates as untrusted. This update fixes the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Original advisory details: Martin von Gagern discovered that GnuTLS did not properly verify certificate chains when the last certificate in the chain was self-signed.
If a remote attacker were able to perform a man-in-the-middle attack, this flaw could be exploited to view sensitive information. (CVE-2008-4989)
Source : www.ubuntu.com (http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-678-2)
Related Articles By Tags:
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint : Sayonara is a small, clear and fast audio player for Linux written in C++, supported by the Qt frame...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu : Linux Kernel 3.12.4 has been officially released with fixes for inet6_init() cleanup order, seqlock ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates : Hi guys, Firefox 26 has been released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and Android devices. It brings m...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .
Maintained by Unixmen .