Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Ubuntu Security Notice
Ubuntu Security Notice USN-678-2 December 09, 2008
A security issue affects the following Ubuntu releases:
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS
Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
This advisory also applies to the corresponding versions of Kubuntu, Edubuntu, and Xubuntu. The problem can be corrected by upgrading your system to the following package versions:
Ubuntu 6.06 LTS: libgnutls12 1.2.9-2ubuntu1.4 Ubuntu 7.10: libgnutls13 1.6.3-1ubuntu0.3 Ubuntu 8.04 LTS: libgnutls13 2.0.4-1ubuntu2.3 Ubuntu 8.10: libgnutls26 2.4.1-1ubuntu0.2
In general, a standard system upgrade is sufficient to effect the necessary changes. Details follow: USN-678-1 fixed a vulnerability in GnuTLS.
The upstream patch introduced a regression when validating certain certificate chains that would report valid certificates as untrusted. This update fixes the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Original advisory details: Martin von Gagern discovered that GnuTLS did not properly verify certificate chains when the last certificate in the chain was self-signed.
If a remote attacker were able to perform a man-in-the-middle attack, this flaw could be exploited to view sensitive information. (CVE-2008-4989)
Source : www.ubuntu.com (http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-678-2)
Related Articles By Tags:
For questions please refer to our Q/A forum at : http://ask.unixmen.com
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .
Maintained by Anblik .