Ubuntu Lucid Lynx -Plan to Switch From Usplash To Plymouth
This specification details the foundation team plans for the technology for the Lucid Lynx boot experience, changing from using usplash to plymouth to provide the graphical splash screen while waiting for the boot to complete. The “look” and “theme” components are not covered here.
Ubuntu 10.04 has switched from using usplash to Plymouth for the boot splash screen, providing a flicker-free experience on Intel, NVIDIA and ATI hardware.
About Plymouth :
Plymouth, is a fedora projetct, it is a program that starts earlier (even before / is mounted!), doesn’t require an X server, and gets rid of a lot of the noise during startup. Plymouth will requires DRM kernel modesetting drivers to get pretty graphics, but will have a text mode fallback for systems without driver support.
You can read more at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .