Ubuntu 13.10 Wallpaper Contest Kicks Off
Hi geeks. Do you know about Ubuntu 13.10 wallpaper contest?
This competition is open to everyone, so if you think you have the skills to make wallpapers for million of user’s desktops, this is the perfect time and chance. If your friends keep telling you that your wallpapers suck? It is time to prove them wrong. They will select only10 to 15 wallpapers from all entries submitted, so work very hard if you want to play hard.
Imagine what a great feeling would be if your wallpaper gets selected. All you need is a Flickr account, your imagination and your skills. Remember one thing, be creative. Creativity is the most important thing in this world and this competition. It is your creativity that will decide if your wallpaper will pass or not.
As in the past, submissions are to be collected via a special Ubuntu Wallpaper pool on photo-sharing site Flickr, and only one entry is permitted per-user.
With this limit in mind here are a few things to consider when taking or selecting an image for your submission:
- Don’t create busy images or fill them with too many shapes and colors
- Use a single point of focus; a single area that draws the eye in
- Avoid having anything on the left and top edges as this will clash with Unity interface elements
- Test your image at different aspect ratios to make sure it ‘works’
- Minimum resolution needs to be 2560 x 1600
- Further composition guidelines can be found on the Ubuntu Wiki
With this limit in mind, here are a few things to consider when taking or selecting an image for your submission:
It is very important to note that Ubuntu is shipped to users all around the glob and the goal of this contest it to find the best wallpapers that fit perfect for everyone of these users. As a graphic designer or photographer you have to create and submit a very high quality wallpaper that appeals to a wide variety of user lifestyles and personal preferences. Even if you think you do not have the best wallpaper, do not be afraid of trying. Trying is always good and trying hard is good enough!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04 : Power Commands, power management application created by the Atareao team , this app helps users to...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian : uGet is a very light-weight and powerful open source download manager. On March 4th, 2014 Uget Do...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Download Elementary OS 'Luna' Official Wallpapers : Hi Guys, Am a great lover of Elementary OS, so I like to move almost everywhere with some its beaut...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .