Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) reaches End of Life on January 27, 2014
For Ubuntu users who still don’t know the end of life of Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) is near, From an official announcement by Adam Conrad on January 7, 2014 notifying users who are still on Ubuntu 13.04 about its end of life. Hence they upgrade to newer or version currently supported.
Below is the full announcement:
Ubuntu announced its 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) release almost 9 months
ago, on April 25, 2013. This was the first release with our new 9
month support cycle and, as such, the support period is now nearing
its end and Ubuntu 13.04 will reach end of life on Monday, January
27th. At that time, Ubuntu Security Notices will no longer include
information or updated packages for Ubuntu 13.04.
The supported upgrade path from Ubuntu 13.04 is via Ubuntu 13.10.
Instructions and caveats for the upgrade may be found at:
Ubuntu 13.10 continues to be actively supported with security updates
and select high-impact bug fixes. Announcements of security updates
for Ubuntu releases are sent to the ubuntu-security-announce mailing
list, information about which may be found at:
Since its launch in October 2004 Ubuntu has become one of the most
highly regarded Linux distributions with millions of users in homes,
schools, businesses and governments around the world. Ubuntu is Open
Source software, costs nothing to download, and users are free to
customise or alter their software in order to meet their needs.
On behalf of the Ubuntu Release Team,
If you are finding it difficult to upgrade to Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander), follow our tutorials on How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .