Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Beta1 screenshots Tour
Few days ago, Ubuntu Oneiric Ocelot Beta 1 has been released, this beta release of Ubuntu 11.10 gives a preview of the next version of Ubuntu. According to the announcement, Some of the new features now available are:
– DVD images have been revised into extended desktop images with additional language support and a few extra applications, and thereby
reduced to a more manageable size of around 1.5 GB.
“- Lenses” (formerly “Places”) now integrate multiple sources and advanced filtering like ratings, range, categories.
– Thunderbird is included as default email client including menu and launcher integration.
– Déjà Dup is included as the default backup tool, making it easy to create backups and upload them to Ubuntu One.
– The new gwibber landed in Oneiric bringing improved performance and a new interface using the most recent GNOME technologies.
– GNOME got updated to current unstable version (3.1.5) on its way to GNOME 3.2
– LightDM now uses the new Unity greeter by default.
The indicators have been visually refreshed, including a refactoring of
the session indicator and a new power indicator.
– The Ubuntu Software Center adds new “top rated” views to the main category page and all subcategory pages, it allows you to edit or delete your own reviews, and has had a significant speedup for standalone deb file installation.
– Ubuntu 11.10 Beta 1 enables support for installing 32-bit library and application packages on 64-bit systems
– Ubuntu 11.10 Beta 1 has a new kernel based on v3.0.3.
– GNU toolchain has transitioned to be based off of gcc 4.6 for i386, amd64, and ARM omap3/omap4 architectures.
Beta 1 images can be downloaded from:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/oneiric/ (Ubuntu, Ubuntu Server)
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .