Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Beta1 screenshots Tour
Few days ago, Ubuntu Oneiric Ocelot Beta 1 has been released, this beta release of Ubuntu 11.10 gives a preview of the next version of Ubuntu. According to the announcement, Some of the new features now available are:
– DVD images have been revised into extended desktop images with additional language support and a few extra applications, and thereby
reduced to a more manageable size of around 1.5 GB.
“- Lenses” (formerly “Places”) now integrate multiple sources and advanced filtering like ratings, range, categories.
– Thunderbird is included as default email client including menu and launcher integration.
– Déjà Dup is included as the default backup tool, making it easy to create backups and upload them to Ubuntu One.
– The new gwibber landed in Oneiric bringing improved performance and a new interface using the most recent GNOME technologies.
– GNOME got updated to current unstable version (3.1.5) on its way to GNOME 3.2
– LightDM now uses the new Unity greeter by default.
The indicators have been visually refreshed, including a refactoring of
the session indicator and a new power indicator.
– The Ubuntu Software Center adds new “top rated” views to the main category page and all subcategory pages, it allows you to edit or delete your own reviews, and has had a significant speedup for standalone deb file installation.
– Ubuntu 11.10 Beta 1 enables support for installing 32-bit library and application packages on 64-bit systems
– Ubuntu 11.10 Beta 1 has a new kernel based on v3.0.3.
– GNU toolchain has transitioned to be based off of gcc 4.6 for i386, amd64, and ARM omap3/omap4 architectures.
Beta 1 images can be downloaded from:
http://releases.ubuntu.com/oneiric/ (Ubuntu, Ubuntu Server)
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...4 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .