Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Alpha 2 has been released!
Oneiric Ocelot Alpha 2 is released. Ubuntu 11.10 is a developer snapshotto give you an early glance at the next version of Ubuntu. As with every new release, packages–applications and software of all kinds–are being updated at a rapid pace. Many of these packages came from an automatic sync from Debian’s Unstable branch, others have been explicitly pulled in for 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot.
What`s new in this Alpha release?
GNOME 3 updates
Alpha-2 ships GNOME 3.0, with some parts already upgraded to the 3.1.2 alpha releases.
Unity, the theme, and Ayatana scrollbars were updated for GTK/GNOME 3.
The Déjà Dup backup system is now included in the standard installation, providing simple and secure user data backup over the network. You can set it up in the “Backup” category in the control center. (desktop-o-deja-dup-default)
You can download Alpha 2 ISOs from:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/oneiric/alpha-2/ (Ubuntu and Ubuntu Server)
http://uec-images.ubuntu.com/releases/oneiric/alpha-2/ (Ubuntu Cloud Server)
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/oneiric/alpha-2/ (Edubuntu DVD)
Via | Ubuntu
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .