Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot Alpha 2 has been released!
Oneiric Ocelot Alpha 2 is released. Ubuntu 11.10 is a developer snapshotto give you an early glance at the next version of Ubuntu. As with every new release, packages–applications and software of all kinds–are being updated at a rapid pace. Many of these packages came from an automatic sync from Debian’s Unstable branch, others have been explicitly pulled in for 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot.
What`s new in this Alpha release?
GNOME 3 updates
Alpha-2 ships GNOME 3.0, with some parts already upgraded to the 3.1.2 alpha releases.
Unity, the theme, and Ayatana scrollbars were updated for GTK/GNOME 3.
The Déjà Dup backup system is now included in the standard installation, providing simple and secure user data backup over the network. You can set it up in the “Backup” category in the control center. (desktop-o-deja-dup-default)
You can download Alpha 2 ISOs from:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/oneiric/alpha-2/ (Ubuntu and Ubuntu Server)
http://uec-images.ubuntu.com/releases/oneiric/alpha-2/ (Ubuntu Cloud Server)
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/oneiric/alpha-2/ (Edubuntu DVD)
Via | Ubuntu
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- Puppet agent Install Using Script : With this script, you can install puppet agents in few minutes on Red Hat or Debian based systems. ...1 comment |
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .