Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat is released
After installation of this new release, for configuration i advice you to visit our previous post :
If you want to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat from Lucid, Karmic, please read our post :
If you need any kind of help, ask help by commenting our posts or by using our forum
Free apps, safe and fast web browsing, a dedicated music store and much more. Ubuntu brings the very best technologies straight to your desktop.
Browse the web
Create professional documents and presentations
OpenOffice.org is fully compatible with Microsoft Office and has everything you need to create professional documents, spreadsheets and presentations. OpenOffice.org is easy to use, packed with the features you need and completely free.
Get all the software you need
The Ubuntu Software Centre gives you instant access to thousands of open-source and carefully selected free applications. And now you can buy apps too. Browse software in categories including: education, games, sound and video, graphics, programming and office. All the applications are easy to find, easy to install and easy to buy.
Featured applications from the Ubuntu Software Centre:
Blender – the world renowned tool for creating 3d artwork, animations and games.
Frozen Bubble – Play solo or join you friends in this addictive game as you try to burst the bubbles before they reach the bottom.
Cheese! – Have fun with your web cam. Use this simple app to take pictures, create special effects and share your photos with your friends.
Social from the start
Ubuntu’s new Me Menu lets you access your Facebook and Twitter accounts straight from the desktop. You can connect to all your favourite chat channels and make updates through a single window. Being connected for work or fun has never been so easy.
Music streaming to your phone
New in 10.10. Ubuntu’s music player includes an integrated store, so you can buy and download new tracks with just a few clicks. And thanks to Ubuntu One’s file-syncing magic you can stream your music uninterrupted to your Android device or iPhone.
Ubuntu One Music Store
Rhythmbox music player
Ubuntu is chock full of apps to help you manage, fix and share your photos with the world, whatever gadget you use to take them. Support for cameras and phones is legendary and all without drivers. And Shotwell allows you to manage and share your pictures easily – on all the most popular photo and social network sites. And did we mention the apps are free?
Discover Ubuntu One
Ubuntu One is the personal cloud service that simplifies your digital life. Imagine buying music and getting it delivered to the computers of your choice. Or synchronising your files and notes and accessing them from anywhere. Or consolidating your computer and mobile phone contacts and safely sharing documents and pictures with them. Ubuntu One does all this and more.
Get Ubuntu Desktop Edition and server
To download Ubuntu 10.10, or obtain CDs, visit:
Users of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS will be offered an automatic upgrade to 10.10via Update Manager. For further information about upgrading, see our previous post
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals : In a previous article I wrote a bit about Tor. Free browser, relays bouncing your IP all over the ...1 comment |
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu : Hey Guys, I installed Fedora on an external drive (LVM) recently and was trying to access it from U...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...2 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker) : In our previous tutorial, we have shown you how to install corosync and pacemaker. We will show y...0 comments |
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04 : Satis is a simple static composer repository generator. It is used in any composer.json file as i...0 comments |
- Adding and Deleting Cluster Resources (corosync pacemaker)
- News from Kaspersky Lab: Tor is protecting criminals
- Install Satis On Ubuntu Sever 13.10/13.04
- How To Access A LVM Drive / Partition in Ubuntu
- How To Disable Remember Open Files in Sublime Text 3
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .