Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 Maverick Plymouth Splash Screen
This is a simple ubuntu 10.04 and ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Plymouth Splash screen.
Before you install this theme make sure the plymouth is configured correctly with your screen resolution.
Installation in Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 Maverick:
First download the package and then extract the contents of the zip INT2MIL-Ubuntu-10.4-Eng to your home or Desktop folder, then open a terminal and run this (firstly navigate to the folder where you extracted it using a terminal; if you extracted it on your Desktop, that would be: cd ~/Desktop):
sudo cp -R INT2MIL-Ubuntu-10.4-Eng/ /lib/plymouth/themes/
sudo update-alternatives --install /lib/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth default.plymouth /lib/plymouth/themes/INT2MIL-Ubuntu-10.4-Eng/INT2MIL-Ubuntu-10.4-Eng.plymouth 100
sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth #here, choose the number of the theme you want to use then hit enter
sudo update-initramfs -u
Reboot and ready. Now should be running the new theme.
N.B : No guarantee that this theme be seen correctly in all screen resolutions.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .