Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 Maverick Plymouth Splash Screen
This is a simple ubuntu 10.04 and ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Plymouth Splash screen.
Before you install this theme make sure the plymouth is configured correctly with your screen resolution.
Installation in Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 Maverick:
First download the package and then extract the contents of the zip INT2MIL-Ubuntu-10.4-Eng to your home or Desktop folder, then open a terminal and run this (firstly navigate to the folder where you extracted it using a terminal; if you extracted it on your Desktop, that would be: cd ~/Desktop):
sudo cp -R INT2MIL-Ubuntu-10.4-Eng/ /lib/plymouth/themes/
sudo update-alternatives --install /lib/plymouth/themes/default.plymouth default.plymouth /lib/plymouth/themes/INT2MIL-Ubuntu-10.4-Eng/INT2MIL-Ubuntu-10.4-Eng.plymouth 100
sudo update-alternatives --config default.plymouth #here, choose the number of the theme you want to use then hit enter
sudo update-initramfs -u
Reboot and ready. Now should be running the new theme.
N.B : No guarantee that this theme be seen correctly in all screen resolutions.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know? : Did you know that Unix and Linux has no concept of a file extension? What is a file name extension? ...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Resolve libudev0 Issue When Installing Google Chrome in Ubuntu 13.04 : When installing chrome in Ubuntu 13.04, I got the following error: Google Chrome can not ...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .