Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as soon as possible. There are 12 vulnerabilities discovered in the upstream Linux 3.2 kernel and many of the security issues being discovered affect the user’s privacy and his data.
A remote attacker can cause a DoS (Denial of Service) attack and obtain sensitive information from your machine, do you want that to happen to you?
Eight security issues were discovered in the Human Interface Device subsystem, allowing an attacker to obtain sensitive information from kernel memory.
A security issue has been discovered in the Linux kernel’s IPv6 Stream Control Transmission Protocol by Alan Chester. This security issue can cause damage to your sensitive data. A guy that deserves credits is Kees Cook who has discovered eight vulnerabilities.
You need to update your server or desktop! The good thing is that users are notified daily for security updates, so it will be very easy for them to update their system.
Apply new updates in your server with the following commands:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October : For Fedora users, just keep calm and use Fedora 20 for now. Fedora Developers has announced that F...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .