Top applications for Fedora11
1- First add repositories from rpm fusion :
Copy the 2 lines to your terminal :
su -c 'rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
Then update the cashe
1) Make sure you have the following rpm-packages installed in your distribution. Any version should do.
Now install rpm-build and cabextract
sudo yum install rpm-build cabextract
Then download msttcorefonts
rpmbuild -bb msttcorefonts-2.0-1.spec
Note the path where the rpm is written and use it in the command below.
rpm -ivh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch/msttcorefonts-2.0-1.noarch.rpm
Enjoy your new high quality fonts. To verify that the installation succeeded, please use the command ‘xlsfonts | grep ^-microsoft’. You should
see a whole lot of microsoft font names there. Please note that you need to restart all programs that you want to make aware of the new fonts.
Note also that not all fonts have ‘microsoft’ in their name, some of them will be from ‘monotype’ instead.
3- Install vlc media player
yum install install vlc
4- Install adobe reader and Flash player ,
Both adobe reader and flash player are important applications, you can download them from
the website of adobe :
Go to adobe page and download the rpm packageof adobe reader,
For flash player download the rpm package from here
5- If you need to install some windows softwares, then is necessery to install wine :
yum install wine
6- If you like gaming and you want to install latest windows games on your fedora11,then perhaps
will be a good idea to install playonliux,
PlayOnLinux is a piece of sofware which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and softwares designed to
run with Microsoft®’s Windows®.
The installation is easy, download the package from this link and open it with double a click on the file
7- Gwget a download manager for your Fedora 11
Gwgett is a good option, is a powerfull ftp/http download manager, you can install it using
the command :
yum install gwget
yum install amsn
9- Install Vector graphics editor, is equivalent to adobe illustrator for windows, to install
use the command :
yum install inkscape
10- Install Filezilla the powerfull ftp client
yum install filezilla
11-Install Vuze known actually as Azureus, the most popular bitorrent client.
yum install azureus
12- Install a media center in your Fedora 11
The Elisa Media Center has many advanced features that will make your media center
experience unique. It features an intuitive interface with a professional look and feel which
can be easily used with a standard TV remote control. To install it use this command :
yum install elisa
13 -ffmpeg the powerful video converter:
yum install ffmpeg
And is all.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .