Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Top applications for Fedora11
1- First add repositories from rpm fusion :
Copy the 2 lines to your terminal :
su -c 'rpm -Uvh http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
Then update the cashe
1) Make sure you have the following rpm-packages installed in your distribution. Any version should do.
Now install rpm-build and cabextract
sudo yum install rpm-build cabextract
Then download msttcorefonts
rpmbuild -bb msttcorefonts-2.0-1.spec
Note the path where the rpm is written and use it in the command below.
rpm -ivh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch/msttcorefonts-2.0-1.noarch.rpm
Enjoy your new high quality fonts. To verify that the installation succeeded, please use the command ‘xlsfonts | grep ^-microsoft’. You should
see a whole lot of microsoft font names there. Please note that you need to restart all programs that you want to make aware of the new fonts.
Note also that not all fonts have ‘microsoft’ in their name, some of them will be from ‘monotype’ instead.
3- Install vlc media player
yum install install vlc
4- Install adobe reader and Flash player ,
Both adobe reader and flash player are important applications, you can download them from
the website of adobe :
Go to adobe page and download the rpm packageof adobe reader,
For flash player download the rpm package from here
5- If you need to install some windows softwares, then is necessery to install wine :
yum install wine
6- If you like gaming and you want to install latest windows games on your fedora11,then perhaps
will be a good idea to install playonliux,
PlayOnLinux is a piece of sofware which allows you to easily install and use numerous games and softwares designed to
run with Microsoft®’s Windows®.
The installation is easy, download the package from this link and open it with double a click on the file
7- Gwget a download manager for your Fedora 11
Gwgett is a good option, is a powerfull ftp/http download manager, you can install it using
the command :
yum install gwget
yum install amsn
9- Install Vector graphics editor, is equivalent to adobe illustrator for windows, to install
use the command :
yum install inkscape
10- Install Filezilla the powerfull ftp client
yum install filezilla
11-Install Vuze known actually as Azureus, the most popular bitorrent client.
yum install azureus
12- Install a media center in your Fedora 11
The Elisa Media Center has many advanced features that will make your media center
experience unique. It features an intuitive interface with a professional look and feel which
can be easily used with a standard TV remote control. To install it use this command :
yum install elisa
13 -ffmpeg the powerful video converter:
yum install ffmpeg
And is all.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .