Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Tinyme Linux- A tiny OS for old computers
TinyMe is a lightweight PCLinuxOS-based operating system, replacing KDE with the smaller and faster Openbox window manager. TinyMe is aimed at making the computing experience as bloat- and lag-free as possible. It is well-suited to older computers, enthusiasts devoted to small/fast systems, or users who just want a minimal environment. TinyMe is comparable to other mini Linux distributions like Puppy Linux, Damn Small Linux and Feather Linux.
The distribution produces two Live CD ISO images. The larger, codenamed “Acorn”, is a 200 MB ISO image. The other, “Droplet”, is a 150 MB ISO image. Both can be installed onto a hard drive or a USB flash drive.
TinyMe 2010 RC1 is the latest test release. TinyMe comes as a small, 200MB ISO, it provides tools for most of your everyday wants and needs:
SLiM logs you in
Pragha, audio player
AbiWord, a light and fast yet powerful word processor
Midori, web browser
Ayttm, instant chat client. Handles IRC, AIM-ICQ, Jabber, LiveJournal, MSN, Yahoo, and even can send e-mails via SMTP.
Osmo, personal information manager
Sylpheed, e-mail client
Viewnior, image viewer
Recorder, disk burner
Asunder, a CD ripper
MtPaint, a basic image editor (also takes screenshots)
MEdit, a tabbed text editor
MuPDF, a very small PDF viewer
Conky, a small system monitor
Parcellite, a very small clipboard utility
TightVNC Viewer, view the screen of another computer over a network
Tilda, a Quake-esque terminal similar to Yakuake– just press F12 (F1 in the root account1)) to pull down from the top of your screen!
Here are some screenshots of TinyMe 2010 RC1
Related Articles By Tags :
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Howto- Resolve nosound problem on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail,12.10 and Older : Updated 05/04/2013 : One of the common issues facing Ubuntu users after installing or upgrading Ubun...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB : "I am having problems in connecting the Galaxy Tab to Ubuntu via USB cable."; This is a common quest...0 comment(s) |
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
- Getting Debian 7.0 ‘Wheezy’ Up and Running
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .