Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Timing wallpaper: A new way to switch your GNOME desktop background
Timing wallpaper is a new way to switch your GNOME desktop background. The script proposes to user to use more then just one background, switching each one after N minutes sequentially or randomly. The latest version is 0.2 and was released the 03-01-2010. It works on any distribution (Ubuntu, Debian, Slackware, Gentoo, Fedora, OpenSUSE, Mandriva, …) that is using GNOME desktop.
1- Install Timing wallpaper in ubuntu :
a- For ubuntu 9.04 jaunty:
Open the source list file :
and add these 2 lines at the end of the file :
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/vitoravelino/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/vitoravelino/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
b- For Karmic Koala :
sudo add-apt-repository ppa: vitoravelino/ppa
After adding the repositories now update and install using the command:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install timing-wallpaper
2- For other Linux distribution please follow the instructions bellow :
First Download the tar file from this link
Now extract the downloaded file then go to the extracted folder , and type :
sudo make install
- If timing-wallpaper is already installed, you can type :
- If you want to stop the script type the command :
and script will automatically be removed from crontab.
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...5 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
- A Secure Password
- Linux Kernel 3.10. It’s BIG!
- Monitoring Users Activity Using psacct or acct Tools in Linux
- Run Your Own Social Network Using elgg on RHEL / CentOS and Scientific Linux
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .