Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
Thunderbird 3.1Final is released ! Quick install instructions for Linux
Mozilla has released the version 3.1 of the Thunderbird mail client. This version comes with many improvements, the Message indexing is faster and provides users with faster search results, New Quick Filter Toolbar lets you filter against search terms, tags, starred messages, address book contacts, new emails, and attachments. For the new features we find a new Migration Assistant that gives Thunderbird 2 users a way to choose the new features in Thunderbird 3.1 or to keep their current features and settings, a new saved Files Manager, a new Mail Account Setup Wizard.
Thunderbird 3.1 is coming about seven months after the long-awaited release of Thunderbird 3.0.
Installation of Thunderbird 3.1 in Linux:
-For Ubuntu Karmic, Lucid and older versions of ubuntu, you can use ubuntuzilla.
First download and install ubuntuzilla then use this command to install thunderbird
ubuntuzilla.py -a install -p thunderbird
You can also download directly the .deb package from this link and install it (The new thunderbird allow you to update with one click from the help Menu so no need to a ppa to keep thunderbird updated)
- For all Linux distributions ( Including ubuntu) you can use this methode to install Thunderbird 3.1 :
wget -O – http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/latest-3.1/linux-i686/en-US/thunderbird-3.1.tar.bz2 | tar xj -C ~ |
- For Download links of Thunderbird 3.1 for Linux click here
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux : Nowadays, our personal computer is not only a work tool, it is also our private space where we sto...1 comment(s) |
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap : Who should read this article? Everyone who is interested in computer security and computer networkin...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Secure File from Removal in Linux and Unix
- How to Install Nginx on FreeBSD 9.x
- Create a Launcher in Ubuntu Using Bash
- Scan Your Home Network With Nmap
- Steganography- Hide Your Files Inside An Image in Linux
- Unix/Linux File Recognition. Did You Know?
- Migrate from MySQL to MariaDB in FreeBSD
- Connect Your Android Galaxy Tablet to Ubuntu via USB
- ElementaryOS Beta 1 and 2 Comparison and Review
- Introduction to the Linux Command Line
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .