Thunderbird 3.1Final is released ! Quick install instructions for Linux
Mozilla has released the version 3.1 of the Thunderbird mail client. This version comes with many improvements, the Message indexing is faster and provides users with faster search results, New Quick Filter Toolbar lets you filter against search terms, tags, starred messages, address book contacts, new emails, and attachments. For the new features we find a new Migration Assistant that gives Thunderbird 2 users a way to choose the new features in Thunderbird 3.1 or to keep their current features and settings, a new saved Files Manager, a new Mail Account Setup Wizard.
Thunderbird 3.1 is coming about seven months after the long-awaited release of Thunderbird 3.0.
Installation of Thunderbird 3.1 in Linux:
-For Ubuntu Karmic, Lucid and older versions of ubuntu, you can use ubuntuzilla.
First download and install ubuntuzilla then use this command to install thunderbird
ubuntuzilla.py -a install -p thunderbird
You can also download directly the .deb package from this link and install it (The new thunderbird allow you to update with one click from the help Menu so no need to a ppa to keep thunderbird updated)
- For all Linux distributions ( Including ubuntu) you can use this methode to install Thunderbird 3.1 :
wget -O – http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/latest-3.1/linux-i686/en-US/thunderbird-3.1.tar.bz2 | tar xj -C ~ |
- For Download links of Thunderbird 3.1 for Linux click here
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...1 comment |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' , 13.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .