Thunderbird 3.1Final is released ! Quick install instructions for Linux
Mozilla has released the version 3.1 of the Thunderbird mail client. This version comes with many improvements, the Message indexing is faster and provides users with faster search results, New Quick Filter Toolbar lets you filter against search terms, tags, starred messages, address book contacts, new emails, and attachments. For the new features we find a new Migration Assistant that gives Thunderbird 2 users a way to choose the new features in Thunderbird 3.1 or to keep their current features and settings, a new saved Files Manager, a new Mail Account Setup Wizard.
Thunderbird 3.1 is coming about seven months after the long-awaited release of Thunderbird 3.0.
Installation of Thunderbird 3.1 in Linux:
-For Ubuntu Karmic, Lucid and older versions of ubuntu, you can use ubuntuzilla.
First download and install ubuntuzilla then use this command to install thunderbird
ubuntuzilla.py -a install -p thunderbird
You can also download directly the .deb package from this link and install it (The new thunderbird allow you to update with one click from the help Menu so no need to a ppa to keep thunderbird updated)
- For all Linux distributions ( Including ubuntu) you can use this methode to install Thunderbird 3.1 :
wget -O – http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/latest-3.1/linux-i686/en-US/thunderbird-3.1.tar.bz2 | tar xj -C ~ |
- For Download links of Thunderbird 3.1 for Linux click here
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10 : Introduction Fail2Ban is an intrusion prevention framework written in the Python programming l...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful : Running a business can be very stressful. You have to think about team collaboration, making sure th...0 comments |
- install Git in Ubuntu : Git is a distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Git was initially designed a...0 comments |
- Install Crashplan backup tool in Linux : CashPlan is an automated backup solution that either uses the CrashPlan Central server or any other ...0 comments |
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5 : I will show you in this tutorial how to install your first cluster Corosync and the Linux Cluster Ma...0 comments |
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
- New Games got Greenlit on Linux by Steam Today!
- Linux Basics: Zypper Usage On openSUSE
- GNOME’s 3.12 supports Google Cloud Print
- How to enable 32-bit support for 64-bit Ubuntu 13.10 or greater
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .