Thunderbird 3.1Final is released ! Quick install instructions for Linux
Mozilla has released the version 3.1 of the Thunderbird mail client. This version comes with many improvements, the Message indexing is faster and provides users with faster search results, New Quick Filter Toolbar lets you filter against search terms, tags, starred messages, address book contacts, new emails, and attachments. For the new features we find a new Migration Assistant that gives Thunderbird 2 users a way to choose the new features in Thunderbird 3.1 or to keep their current features and settings, a new saved Files Manager, a new Mail Account Setup Wizard.
Thunderbird 3.1 is coming about seven months after the long-awaited release of Thunderbird 3.0.
Installation of Thunderbird 3.1 in Linux:
-For Ubuntu Karmic, Lucid and older versions of ubuntu, you can use ubuntuzilla.
First download and install ubuntuzilla then use this command to install thunderbird
ubuntuzilla.py -a install -p thunderbird
You can also download directly the .deb package from this link and install it (The new thunderbird allow you to update with one click from the help Menu so no need to a ppa to keep thunderbird updated)
- For all Linux distributions ( Including ubuntu) you can use this methode to install Thunderbird 3.1 :
wget -O – http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/latest-3.1/linux-i686/en-US/thunderbird-3.1.tar.bz2 | tar xj -C ~ |
- For Download links of Thunderbird 3.1 for Linux click here
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .