The Prison needs an Architect!
I have played Prison Tycoon 3 and 4 in the past and I can say one thing: extra boring! I found myself doing completely the same things again and again, dealing with exactly the same or similar problems. Prisoners didn’t like me, didn’t like my officers and couldn’t stand each other and I was stuck with a game that wanted to offer a serious character but without the “charisma”, without the real point.
So here you have a gap in the tycoon games, one of the most addicting genres in existence. Independent games developer studio Introversion Software, that also created Uplink, Darwinia, DEFCON and Multiwinia decided to fill that gap with their new baby called Prison Architect!
Prison Architect is a less serious approach that tries to be funny and amusing, but at the same time offer all the characteristics of a tycoon game that will keep the interest high and the evolution scaling enough, that is a very important factor for such games.
The game is still in Alpha stage of development and as it already looks cool I am sure that it will become a super addicting fun to play for many hours game. Right now it has many issues and still a lot to implement so I won’t judge the current state of the game. I will completely review it when it is ready but we can buy it now and see the making happen day by day, patch to patch!
The game costs 30 US dollars and although they may seem a lot for such a game, you should think about how much you are helping Introversion Software stay free and independent, thus offering DRM free games of real quality and for real fun. You can also go more extreme and have a character with your name or face with more money, get t-shirts or even polaroids! Are they going to add Hans Reiser? I don’t know!
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .