Firefox 16, a treat for developers http://t.co/cnd27CzT
The Odyssey of the SeaMonkey
SeaMonkey has all the typical features of an all-in-one internet application suite that is the trademark of Mozilla, the House of designer Web Browser makers. Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro are some of the other famous browsers that are supported by the Mozilla foundation.
Netscape and Mozilla are the pioneers of these multi-featured browsers and today only Mozilla remains as one-of-a-kind specialist browser developers. They have consistently delivered innovative and high-featured browsers that have quickly evolved the very format of internet. Besides, their open source orientations are attractive and humbling features, considering that today it is one of a kind in its segment.
Odyssey of SeaMonkey
One of its more popular browsers as a project is the SeaMonkey. It is a winning combination for SeaMonkey as it uses features of the Netscape communicator as well as the cross-platform architecture of Mozilla. The core features, which are the highlight of SeaMonkey suite is the browser feature powered by the powerful engines that run Mozilla Firefox. The main features-tabbed browsing, popup blocking, detecting feed, smart location of the bar is some of the main features on the SeaMonkey.
However, the main attraction of SeaMonkey is the fabulous Add-on features that provide additional function features as well as customization features.
Why use SeaMonkey?
For those coming from the SeaMonkey background, the main attraction is the robust add-on features. For everyday tasks, it is commonly for most desktops to host two or more browsers running simultaneously considering the nature of work happening. As with everything else in life one opts for a heavy duty hauler type of browser for multiple tasks and those that need to be running in the background. A fast featured, robust browser is ideal for fast and quick browsing and the SeaMonkey makes the ideal choice for it. It is highly light-featured but its intuitive features ensure that it offers better and well featured range of browsing with a host of inbuilt security features.
These are truly necessary consider that an average day of browsing would be in and out of 40 to 50 websites. A panel that allows one the option to set privacy levels and features to clear history even during sessions are unique and make it userfriendly. Additional features such are restore session of previously closed windows and other advanced features make the SeaMonkey odyssey complete.
This is one SeaMonkey you should enjoy exploring for true open source experience.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things to do After Installing Ubuntu 13.04 ‘Raring Ringtail’ : Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail final is almost out. The final release it scheduled for release on Apri...0 comment(s) |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comment(s) |
- Howto: Upgrade to Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail from 12.04, 12,10 | Desktop & Server : Updated 05-04-2013: Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail will be released Soon, If you have ubuntu 12,10, 12...0 comment(s) |
- Install and Configure Samba share in Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail , 12.10, 12.04| Howto : Updated 05-04-2013: One of the most asked features for Samba is a graphical user interface to help w...0 comment(s) |
- How to use Remote Desktop in Ubuntu : Sometimes, we need to access our computer from other locations when we’re not at home and such. This...0 comment(s) |
- Configure conky-Lua in Ubuntu (12.10 & 13.04 Raring Ringtail), Fedora, debian and LinuxMint | Howto Conky : Updated 05-04-2013: Conky is a free, light-weight system monitor for X, that displays any informatio...0 comment(s) |
- How to find Default Gateway in Linux
- Setup Backup server using rsnapshot on RHEL / CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian
- How to disable/change default PDF viewer in Mozilla Firefox
- Dictionaries in Python
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Lists in Python
- Argument Handling in Python
- Setup your own Wikipedia like website using MediaWiki
- Administer your Server using Ajenti Server Manager
- “Brand New” Unixmen Forum is Now Live!
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .