The Odyssey of the SeaMonkey
SeaMonkey has all the typical features of an all-in-one internet application suite that is the trademark of Mozilla, the House of designer Web Browser makers. Firefox, Thunderbird, Camino, Sunbird and Miro are some of the other famous browsers that are supported by the Mozilla foundation.
Netscape and Mozilla are the pioneers of these multi-featured browsers and today only Mozilla remains as one-of-a-kind specialist browser developers. They have consistently delivered innovative and high-featured browsers that have quickly evolved the very format of internet. Besides, their open source orientations are attractive and humbling features, considering that today it is one of a kind in its segment.
Odyssey of SeaMonkey
One of its more popular browsers as a project is the SeaMonkey. It is a winning combination for SeaMonkey as it uses features of the Netscape communicator as well as the cross-platform architecture of Mozilla. The core features, which are the highlight of SeaMonkey suite is the browser feature powered by the powerful engines that run Mozilla Firefox. The main features-tabbed browsing, popup blocking, detecting feed, smart location of the bar is some of the main features on the SeaMonkey.
However, the main attraction of SeaMonkey is the fabulous Add-on features that provide additional function features as well as customization features.
Why use SeaMonkey?
For those coming from the SeaMonkey background, the main attraction is the robust add-on features. For everyday tasks, it is commonly for most desktops to host two or more browsers running simultaneously considering the nature of work happening. As with everything else in life one opts for a heavy duty hauler type of browser for multiple tasks and those that need to be running in the background. A fast featured, robust browser is ideal for fast and quick browsing and the SeaMonkey makes the ideal choice for it. It is highly light-featured but its intuitive features ensure that it offers better and well featured range of browsing with a host of inbuilt security features.
These are truly necessary consider that an average day of browsing would be in and out of 40 to 50 websites. A panel that allows one the option to set privacy levels and features to clear history even during sessions are unique and make it userfriendly. Additional features such are restore session of previously closed windows and other advanced features make the SeaMonkey odyssey complete.
This is one SeaMonkey you should enjoy exploring for true open source experience.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .