The Enlightened one is here-Bodhi Linux1.0.0
You could call it E or E17, but, whatever you choose to call the Bodhi Linux 1.0.0, with the Enlightment 17 window manager for the first time, it will remain to be one of the true Ubuntu based distros. It will continue to remain on most Linux desktops for its exceptional modular structure and high customization features.
What makes the distro truly en-Light-ed are the EFL or the Enlightmet Foundation Libraries, that cut down to the core and ensure you simple remove the affected libraries and rebuild those that you want to retain and rebuild as the Enlighted continues to grow. The core features remain-minimalistic, wine-dependent compatibility to windows applications and frugal system requirements. E15
What is Bodhi Linux ?
The latest addition to Linux open source came to be called thus because of twin reasons of the entire enlightened desktop scenario as well as the user choice predominance. In Buddhist parlance, Bodhi is the sacred tree and sitting under which enlightment was arrived at by Buddha. Therefore, the adaption of the Bodhi leaf as the logo for Bodhi Linux.
Where the Bodhi Linux is a true one-of a kind is because of the window manager feature of Enlightment. The end result is that what comes onto the desktop is what the user wants as he remains the decision maker right from the default theme, system layout to the applications that will sit on the computing desk. That is the reason only a skeleton of pre-installs appear on the Bodi system-Midori, Leafpad, Synaptic, PCManFM etc. The Bodhi Software center can be used as het ode to choose and install any other application critical to your needs. Bodhi is simply enlightening in several methods- one it lightens the entire desktop, you simply remove all that you never use and retain the parts that you use constantly.
Bodhi Linux scores for being the light weight but definitely not a push over under the heavy distros from LXDE to XFCE. The key is that the Bodhi is an Ubuntu 10.04 based project that spirals on the Enlightment Desktop. The LXDE services as the terminal and the login system manager and comes with self-packaged .bod. and ensures it is compatible with all required systems.
Impressive so far
Perhaps the GIMP start up is ideal to understand and determine some of the unique and deserving capabilities. The GIMP start time for a Bodhi Linux machine was simply 10.10 whereas the average start up time is 11.1 seconds. The slowest start uptime is found to have halved considerably.
Bodhi Linux will become a powerful and well used distro soon
Bodhi is stable and it greatly empowers the desktop user like never before. Several times, the desktop remains cluttered –to –unorganized essentially because a lot of junk you will never, use but part of the large UI that you need not only limit your optimizing your desktop for your specific needs. Of course it offers eye candy and the like the Buddha the leaf does a lot of the talking and yet remains within the context of a light-weight fast moving pugilist who could well knock out the breath of better established distros, much unlike its calm, restrained but truly enlightened namesake.
Here are some screenshots from the Final release of Bodhi 1.0.0
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1 : What is DNS Server? As you might know, DNS, Domain Name System, is a system that resolves Domain ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released! : TeamViewer is a commercial all-in-one software that can be used for remote control, desktop sharing,...0 comments |
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .