The black perl -Sabayon 5.4 is released! Screenshot Tour
Sabayon Linux 5.4 is out , “Dedicated to those who like cutting edge stability, out of the box experience, outstanding Desktop performance, clean and beauty. Sabayon 5.4 will catch you, anything that could have been compiled, has been compiled, anything cool that could have been implemented or updated, it’s there: you will find outstanding amount of new applications and features, like XBMC, KDE 4.5, GNOME 2.30, Linux Kernel 2.6.35, and so forth.”
If you didn`t hear before abou sabayon and you want to read more about it, i advice you to read the wiki page.
Features of Sabayon 5.4:
- More than 1000 updated packages since Sabayon 5.3 and more than 100 bugs (stability, usability and performance) fixed
- Shipped with Desktop-optimized Linux kernel 2.6.35
- Providing extra Server-optimized, OpenVZ-enabled, Vserver-enabled kernels in repositories
- Installable in 10 minutes
- Fast boot time and lightweight default system
- Ext4 filesystem as default
- Official Btrfs filesystem support
- Encrypted filesystem support
- Featuring X.Org 7.5 and up-to-date Open Source, NVIDIA, AMD video drivers
- Containing GNOME 2.30 (with GNOME Shell!) and KDE 4.5.1
- Outstanding 3D Desktop applications (Compiz, Compiz Fusion and KWin) working out of the box
- Bringing Entropy Framework (Package Manager) 0.99.50.2, faster than ever!
- Shipped with OpenOffice 3.2 productivity suite, Multimedia applications
- Transform Sabayon into an full-featured HTPC Operating System (Media Center) using XBMC
- Shipped with World of Goo Demo – best 2D game ever!
- Refreshed Skin! (as usual)
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7 : OpenLDAP is a free open source Light Weight Directory Access protocol developed by the OpenLDAP proj...0 comments |
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : Tor, The Onion Router, is a network of Virtual Tunnels that allows users to communicate securely and...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update : Canonical has released security updates for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and advices to update your system as so...0 comments |
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- How To Install Simple Scan in Crunchbang ‘Waldorf’
- Selene Media Encoder: Convert Audio, Video Files To Most Popular Formats
- Linux Kernel 3.12.2 Is Available For Download! Install / Upgrade Instructions
- CentOS 6.5 Has Been Officially Released!
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .