Test unix on your PC
MINIX 3.1.7 is released. Major features: userspace scheduling and a scheduling server; proper support for multiple Ethernet cards of the same type; bug fixes (such as workaround to run on recent KVM); debug features (‘verbose’ boot monitor variable, access to debug registers DR0-DR7 in kernel); boot monitor allows loading images larger than 16 MB; root partition size increased to 64 MB (and setup script can now more or less safely deal with root partitions with non-default sizes); buildsystem support for building MINIX with GCC; source tree reorganization and clean-up; new ports – Git, GCC updated to version 4.4.3; secondary FS cache layer in VM that uses all available memory, reducing I/O wait time a lot.
- Userspace scheduling and a scheduling server
- Proper support for multiple ethernet cards of the same type
- Bugfixes (such as workaround to run on recent KVM)
- Debug features (“verbose” boot monitor variable, access to debug registers DR0-DR7 in kernel)
Boot monitor allows loading images > 16 MB
- Root partition size increased to 64MB (and setup script can now more or less safely deal with root partitions with non-default sizes)
- Buildsystem support for building MINIX with GCC
- Source tree reorganization/cleanup
- New ports: Git, GCC updated to version 4.4.3
- Secondary FS cache layer in VM that uses all available memory, reducing I/O wait time a lot
- Support charset cp1251 and koi8-u
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...2 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .