Teach your kids Linux from an early age with Qimo linux for kids
Qimo is a desktop operating system designed for kids. Based on the open source Ubuntu Linux desktop, Qimo comes pre-installed with educational games for children aged 3 and up. So If you want to teach your children to use Linux from an early age, Qimo is the perfect for your kids.
Qimo’s interface has been designed to be intuitive and easy to use, providing large icons for all installed games, so that even the youngest users have no trouble selecting the activity they want.
If you are already running Ubuntu 10.04, there’s no need do a fresh install to get Qimo. Now you can add the qimo-session package from the Universe repository using Apt-get or Synaptic and you’ll get all of the games, artwork, and desktop session installed.
Go to software center and look for Kimo ( If you want to install the latest version of Kimo you will need to download it from download page)
The latest version is Qimo2 and was released last week, here are some screenshots of this version
Learn Math with Tux
Make your kids learn typing with Tux Typing
Usefull links : http://www.qimo4kids.com/
Related Articles By Tags:
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install CherryTree Text Editor In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers, In this tutorial I will teach you how to install a nice and modern text editor...0 comments |
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab : I have explained to you guys how to download youtube videos from Linux with the youtube-dl tool, but...0 comments |
- How To Install Xtreme Download Manager In Ubuntu : If you are looking for a nice download manager that speeds up your download speed and integrates wel...0 comments |
- Guake: A Drop-Down Terminal For GNOME In Ubuntu : Guake is a drop-down terminal for GNOME and any other desktop. It aims to provide a quick-access ter...0 comments |
- How To Install The Latest QMPlay2 In Ubuntu
- Guake: A Drop-Down Terminal For GNOME In Ubuntu
- How To Install Xtreme Download Manager In Ubuntu
- How To Install CherryTree Text Editor In Ubuntu
- Check System Information With Hardinfo
- Pandora FMS – An Universal Monitoring System For Your Organization
- How To Fix “google-chrome-stable depends on libxss1″ error
- Is Ubuntu Going To Replace Windows XP In South Korea?
- Fedora 20 “Heisenbug” Officially Released!
- How To Download Videos From Youtube With ClipGrab
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .