Talk to your computer with chrome 11 beta!
Chrome 11 beta is loading with a handful of amazing features. In this post we will review them briefly!
Chrome has introduced support for the HTML 5 speech input API. What does that mean? Developers can now develop web applications that have the ability to transcribe your voice into text! That is you can simply push the icon on a page that supports this feature, and speak into your computer’s microphone.
The speech so recorded will be typed in for you. I have shown the mechanism through the diagram below. Chrome 11 beta also includes a number of other features “offers a sneak peek of GPU-accelerated 3D CSS, which allows developers to apply slick 3D effects to web page content using CSS.” That means better and real animations! This also implies that we will have some really out-of-the-box features, hopefully, in gmail, and other services provided by Google.
This is he picture of demo of the new feature. You can try here
Its interesting to note that at the very same Firefox is out with its latest version, version 4 and Internet explorer version 9, Google is also not lagging in any way! Google Chrome stable version 10 was made available not longer than 10 days ago, and yet again Google is out with the beta 11 build (11.0.696.16) that they have also pushed to the beta channel. This “talking to computer feature” as Google calls its, will definitely glue many developers to chrome and to think and workout latest and innovative web apps, that one has never seen! Chrome 11 will surely change the way we experience web and our browsing habits. Yet lesser is known about chrome 11, we have crossed our fingers! Download your copy here.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How to Install uTorrent Client on Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint : uTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Linux, Windows OS and Mac OS. The inst...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- DNS Server Installation Step by Step Using CentOS 6.5/6.4/6.3 : DNS, Domain Name System, translates hostnames or URLs into IP addresses. For example if we type www....0 comments |
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
- Puppet agent Install Using Script
- Install Corosync and Pacemaker On CentOS 6.5
- Install Fail2Ban On Ubuntu Server 13.04/13.10
- How To Install Google Chrome in Fedora 20, 19, 18
- How to surf using Tor Browser Bundle
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .