Talk to your computer with chrome 11 beta!
Chrome 11 beta is loading with a handful of amazing features. In this post we will review them briefly!
Chrome has introduced support for the HTML 5 speech input API. What does that mean? Developers can now develop web applications that have the ability to transcribe your voice into text! That is you can simply push the icon on a page that supports this feature, and speak into your computer’s microphone.
The speech so recorded will be typed in for you. I have shown the mechanism through the diagram below. Chrome 11 beta also includes a number of other features “offers a sneak peek of GPU-accelerated 3D CSS, which allows developers to apply slick 3D effects to web page content using CSS.” That means better and real animations! This also implies that we will have some really out-of-the-box features, hopefully, in gmail, and other services provided by Google.
This is he picture of demo of the new feature. You can try here
Its interesting to note that at the very same Firefox is out with its latest version, version 4 and Internet explorer version 9, Google is also not lagging in any way! Google Chrome stable version 10 was made available not longer than 10 days ago, and yet again Google is out with the beta 11 build (11.0.696.16) that they have also pushed to the beta channel. This “talking to computer feature” as Google calls its, will definitely glue many developers to chrome and to think and workout latest and innovative web apps, that one has never seen! Chrome 11 will surely change the way we experience web and our browsing habits. Yet lesser is known about chrome 11, we have crossed our fingers! Download your copy here.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu : Hi unixmen readers! How are you? In this article we will teach you how to install the desktop vers...3 comments |
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10 : By default usernames are not displayed on panel in Ubuntu 13.04 and 13.10, In this simple tutorial w...0 comments |
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together : Hi linux geeks! In this article I will teach you a nice trick you can perform in the terminal with ...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install lamp with 1 command in Ubuntu 12.10, 13.04 Raring Ringtail & LinuxMint13 : Updated: 10/09/2012 :LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) is an open source Web development platform ...0 comments |
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
- How To Show Username On Panel In Ubuntu 13.04/13.10
- Setup DNS Server On openSUSE 13.1
- TeamViewer 9 Final Has Been Released!
- Twelve Vulnerabilities Have Been Fixed In Ubuntu 12.04, Time To Update
- OpenLDAP Installation and Configuration in Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10 And Debian 6/7
- Configure Your Browser To Use Tor On Ubuntu/Debian/Linux Mint
- Setup A Full Featured ITIL Management System Using Integria IMS On CentOS 6
- Install LibreOffice 4.1.3 in Elementary OS ‘Luna’
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .