SystemRescueCd is a Linux system on a bootable CD-ROM for repairing your system and recovering your data after a crash. It aims to provide an easy way to carry out admin tasks on your computer, such as creating and editing the partitions of the hard
Disk. It contains a lot of system tools (parted, partimage, fstools, …) and basic tools (editors, midnight commander, network tools). It is very easy to use: just boot the CDROM. The kernel supports most of the important file systems (ext2/ext3/ext4, reiserfs, reiser4, btrfs, xfs, jfs, vfat, ntfs, iso9660), as well as network filesystems (samba and nfs).
Key Features of Rescue Cd:
· GNU Parted is the best tool for editing your disk partitions under linux
· QtParted is a Partition Magic clone for Linux.
· Partimage is a Ghost/Drive-image clone for Linux
· File systems tools (e2fsprogs, reiserfsprogs, xfsprogs, jfsutils, ntfsprogs, dosfstools): they allow you to format, resize, debug an existing partition of your hard disk
· Sfdisk allows you to backup and restore your partition table
The latest stable package is SystemRescueCd-1.2.0 and you can download it from here