Symbiose: Try Gnome Online
Time for some candies! Do you like to try an online online Gnome OS? Everything in the browser! You like it or not i am giving this online Gnome OS a try.
The system I am going to show you guys in this article is called Symbiose, which is the only one “Gnomish” WebOS available nowdays.
What is Symbiose?
Symbiose is still under heavy development. Its current version (1.0 beta3) is not considered to be stable yet. It is a WebOS which can be run in your browser and many of Symbiose applications offers basic capabilities. Symbiose offers many tools such as for configuring the system and many others. You can also login to the system and save you configs.
This WebOS runs very fast and it looks very similar to the Gnome Shell. The good thing about this web based operating system is that it is completely free. We like free things, don’t we?
What can you do with Symbiose?
You can basically do everything you can do with your real physical machine. Symbiose offers you internet access, lighter versions of gedit and LibreOffice writer, Nautilus files browser, software center, calculator, dropbox, google drive and many other tools. You can also listen to music, edit and save your documents online and watch movies.
I have experienced some problems while testing this WebOS, but why don’t you give a try and tell us about your operating system experience in the browser? Do you like to try Gnome online? Then this is the perfect place to do it.
Like us on Facebook
We need your assistance to stay live
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX : Wow! Early last week it was all over the internet, if you haven't heard it yet then this is the t...0 comments |
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive : A couple of months before, we have featured a Linux client for Google Drive named Syncdrive, which w...1 comment |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- Install LAMP Server (Apache, MySQL or MariaDB, PHP) On Ubuntu 13.10 : Updated January 12, 2014 LAMP is a combination of operating system and open-source software stack. ...0 comments |
- How To "Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status" : QUESTION: I get the following error when I use sudo apt-get update: E: Could not open file /var/...0 comments |
- Install Sublime Text 3 In Fedora Easily With Fedy
- Grive: An Unofficial, Open Source Linux Client For Google Drive
- Install nSnake Game In Terminal
- How To “Fix E: Could not open file /var/lib/dpkg/status”
- Wow! Linux Foundation To Offer Free Linux Course This Summer Worth $2,400 on EdX
- Fedora 21 Scheduled For Release In October
- Install Uget Download Manager In Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian
- Download Elementary OS ‘Luna’ Official Wallpapers
- Install Power Commands 0.1.5 On Ubuntu 14.04/13.10/12.10/12.04
- 5 Android Apps that’s Going to Make Running Your Business Less Stressful
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .