Symbiose: Try Gnome Online
Time for some candies! Do you like to try an online online Gnome OS? Everything in the browser! You like it or not i am giving this online Gnome OS a try.
The system I am going to show you guys in this article is called Symbiose, which is the only one “Gnomish” WebOS available nowdays.
What is Symbiose?
Symbiose is still under heavy development. Its current version (1.0 beta3) is not considered to be stable yet. It is a WebOS which can be run in your browser and many of Symbiose applications offers basic capabilities. Symbiose offers many tools such as for configuring the system and many others. You can also login to the system and save you configs.
This WebOS runs very fast and it looks very similar to the Gnome Shell. The good thing about this web based operating system is that it is completely free. We like free things, don’t we?
What can you do with Symbiose?
You can basically do everything you can do with your real physical machine. Symbiose offers you internet access, lighter versions of gedit and LibreOffice writer, Nautilus files browser, software center, calculator, dropbox, google drive and many other tools. You can also listen to music, edit and save your documents online and watch movies.
I have experienced some problems while testing this WebOS, but why don’t you give a try and tell us about your operating system experience in the browser? Do you like to try Gnome online? Then this is the perfect place to do it.
Like us on Facebook
This week Top Posts
- Top Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 13.10 'Saucy Salamander' : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander will be released on coming October 17th with many new salient featur...0 comments |
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja : Database administration via command line is bit difficult for newbie system and database administrat...0 comments |
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu : GLPI is the Information Resource-Manager with an additional Administration Interface. You can use it...0 comments |
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP : This is the continuation of our previous tutorial. In our previous tutorial we learned how to instal...0 comments |
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS 'Luna'/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint : FrostWire is a peer-to-peer file sharing program for the gnutella and BitTorrent protocols. FrostWir...0 comments |
- How To Upgrade From Ubuntu 13.04 Raring To Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander : Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy will be released on October 17th. Hope it will come with lot of improvements and ...0 comments |
- How To Install Linux Kernel 3.12.4 In Ubuntu
- Firefox 26 Has Been Released, How To Install It In Ubuntu And Its Derivates
- How To Install Brasero In Elementary OS ‘Luna’
- Install Sayonara Player In Elementary OS / Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Manage Databases And Hosted Servers Remotely With DbNinja
- Install FrostWire 5.6.9 In Elementary OS ‘Luna’/ Ubuntu / Linux Mint
- Setup IT And Asset Management System With GLPI On Debian/Ubuntu
- How To Configure Linux Clients To Authenticate Using OpenLDAP
- How To Install Netflix In Ubuntu
- cowsay And fortune Combined Together
This work by unixmen.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Copyright © 2008-2013 Unixmen.com .